*Thinking* About buying a new motherboard. Need help!

Verdictator

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

I'm thinking about moving from [THIS] motherboard to [THIS] motherboard. The problem I see of doing this are;

1. The Angelica2 motherboard [The stock mb] was within the HP computer that I purchased. I bought this computer with the ideology of upgrading it, so it eventually would be a completely custom PC. The problem is though, the Windows License is under HP, therefore if I would change the MB, would it effect the license?

And 2. Would any drivers act up, if I changed the motherboard? They are both GIGABYTE, and are both AM3+ sockets, so there is no problems with socketing, or brands. So, to me, I feel like it would be a very simple transition, but at the same time, there are always issues.

So, anybody who is motherboard equipped have any thoughts on those two questions? And if you have any comments, or concerns that you thought of, that I did not, please feel free to voice them. I'm kind of in the dark with this transition.

-Verdictator
[Noob]

SlitWeaver

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
1. No idea on how Windows licensing works, sorry.
2. Install all the drivers that come on the disc included with your new motherboard and go online to update all of those drivers at your leisure.

HP uses Mini-Towers for many Desktop PC's. Micro-ATX motherboards fit a Mini-Tower. You would need a Mid-Tower to fit an ATX size motherboard.

The operating system license is tied to the motherboard on OEM models. The hardware is similar so it may boot up but you may have trouble getting Windows Updates.

Verdictator

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I have already bought, and changed cases to a Full Tower. It fits MATX and ATX so that's not a problem. And that's what I was thinking. Because they're similar, it may start. I'm just worried it won't, and will screw up.