Which water cooler for temps

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Hey forumites,
Been thinking for a long time now about taking the risk of water cooling since incidents of them bursting open has dropped down.
My set up as of current is a Mid size tower stuffed with:
Phenom II 6X 1090T
Hyper 212 plus cooler
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
4x4 GB Corsair Vengence RAM 9-9-9-24
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 Ghz 2GB edition
700W Thermaltake PSU
Kingston Hyper X 3K SSD (240 GB)
Corsair Force 3 SSD 240GB
1TB Western digital for Logical

Currently my average temps with the Hyper 212 + is 32c idle and upwards to about 55c max ( I dont overclock) (oh and I dont have the side of my tower on)

Gaming has been fairly light for a while, but want to get back into it a bit again, dont do too much intensive things beyond gaming, use photoshop but eh.
In either case I am looking for a good self closed liquid cooling system for my CPU, (thought about GPU cooling too but dont know about that yet)

What I am aiming for is something that is quiet, doesnt take up much room since its not a full tower, and reliable, I dont want any leaks. With AMD down in the dumps as far as processors go I wont be upgrading to an AMD anytime soon (perhaps the i5-3570k in the near future for some light over clocking).

I have been looking at both the corsair line and the antec Kuhler 620 and 920.
I know Corsair has some issues with earlier models leaking, but I have not heard anything negative about Kuhler. I am open to other suggestions but would like to pull away from the hugeness that is the Hyper 212 (cant put my case side back on normal, I had to take the plastic out and turn it around so the fan on it didnt hit the hyper 212)

The tested temps that I have seen are usually done with i7's and overclocked extreme style so I cant get an accurate temperature gauge for normal usage or something since a H60 for example gives the same temps that my hyper 212 does without over clocking.

On another note, going the route of water cooling I will be looking for insurance to give me piece of mind in case some leakage does occur. Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this, and a reputable place they know of?

Socalsfinest08

Honorable
May 12, 2013
I believe Corsair has an insurance policy that covers your parts if they are damaged from a cooler leak I think it says something about that here http://www.corsair.com/en/support/warranty/. I dont know to much about kuhler. The newer "H" models are less prone to leaking like the h100 and h100i. Some people reach 4.5 ghz with the h100. Also have you though of a custom cooling loop?

realism51

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Havent heard of a custom cooling loop.
But I did hear something about the warranty coverage from Corsair, generally though they would only pay up to a certain amount set by them, not the actual cost of the covered items. If I had a leak that takes out $1K in equipment I would want to recoup that $1k rather than $500.

Socalsfinest08

Honorable
May 12, 2013

This is what a custom loop is or what is made up of at least heres:http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/article_max_width/news/2012-03-25/cryo-tec-04.jpga pic and heres the parts:http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17220/ex-wat-223/XSPC_Copper_Raystorm_AX240_Extreme_Intel_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Twin_D5_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310 custom loops are and great for cooling parts like your whole mobo,gpu, and ram. and about the corsair warranty I understand your questioning of the integrity but I mean you cant live your whole life with out risk right? Plus there isnt a lot of stories of the h100 leaking I looked them up most were h90 and below.