Sign in with
Your question

What to keep in mind while buying ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 ...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2013 12:29:12 AM

Hi there,

I have a very low budget, so I've decided to go with this Graphic Card,

I have seen it's requirements but still there is confusion in my mind about few things, like the first thing on this list..
http://

So it's about the slot where my GC will go, but how to make sure i have that...?

the last 3 things are also a bit confusing..

and are there any other things I should keep in mind before going for the GC...?

My PC Configs..

CPU : Intel i3 530 2.93Ghz
RAM : 4 GB DDR3
SMPS : Odyssey 450 W

And one more thing, i3 gives 1GB integrated graphic memory.
So what's gonna happen to that......?

PS :

This is the first time I'm interacting with a forum on the internet.
So if you found my way of writing wrong, sorry,
and if you didn't,
text after PS tag is irrelevant.
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 1:13:59 AM

are you gaming with that rig? and whats your budget in USD? and do you really need a win 7 ultimate 64 bit? seeing that you only have 4gb, 64bit win is irrelevant unless your gonna upgrade.and after you install the new GPU the iGpU will be disabled. and as for the problem with the PCIe slot [ where GC will go ] , all modern mobo's should have it. so you shouldn't worry about that.
but again i recommend you stating your budget, i might be able to help you get a better build :D 
a c 189 U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 1:16:17 AM

Hello..

Usually, every motherboard (especially the latest) always come with a PCIE slot that you can use for GC, like HD6670. It's a power efficient card so your SMPS 450W will handle that card just fine.

ABout integrated graphic on CPU, that's just for normal use like editing docs or something like that. If you want to do some gaming then a GC is a must, GC like HD6670 is MUCH better than integrated graphic.

Just to make sure, what is your motherboard? brand? model?
Related resources
May 18, 2013 4:55:35 AM

thasan1 said:
are you gaming with that rig? and whats your budget in USD? and do you really need a win 7 ultimate 64 bit? seeing that you only have 4gb, 64bit win is irrelevant unless your gonna upgrade.and after you install the new GPU the iGpU will be disabled. and as for the problem with the PCIe slot [ where GC will go ] , all modern mobo's should have it. so you shouldn't worry about that.
but again i recommend you stating your budget, i might be able to help you get a better build :D 

I can't say in USD, but its <5K in INR. So apprx, it makes <100 USD.

And no I don't need Win7 64 bit, my brother did, he now have a new laptop his PC is mine. :) 

Thanks for the reply by the way
May 18, 2013 5:09:37 AM

Well I checked through CPU-Z and it said..

Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
Model : DH55TC

a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 5:33:54 AM

adison024 said:
thasan1 said:

I can't say in USD, but its <5K in INR. So apprx, it makes <100 USD.

And no I don't need Win7 64 bit, my brother did, he now have a new laptop his PC is mine. :) 

Thanks for the reply by the way

a total budget of 5000 rupees or just Gfx card? if so you might be able to get Radeon HD 7750 for that amount [ 5000 rupees ] it will perform much better than that.and if you have some spare left id recommend upgrading ram.
May 18, 2013 7:55:12 AM

Radeon HD 7750 is about < Rs.7000. So yeah I can't afford that.
And I've been looking for about 2 weeks and it seems I won't get any other better than 6670...
So, Im very much up for it..

Appreciate your help though, but can we just focus on the question that . . . will 6670 work on my PC or not..

Thank you again....
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 8:30:27 AM

adison024 said:
Radeon HD 7750 is about < Rs.7000. So yeah I can't afford that.
And I've been looking for about 2 weeks and it seems I won't get any other better than 6670...
So, Im very much up for it..

Appreciate your help though, but can we just focus on the question that . . . will 6670 work on my PC or not..

Thank you again....

that pretty much depends on your Mobo. as long as it has a PCIe X16 slot your good to go.
May 18, 2013 7:43:39 PM

Ok so yhea, I checked on google, my Intel DH55TC does have PCIe x16 add-in card connector slot. Thats what I want right..?

a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 11:02:34 PM

adison024 said:
Ok so yhea, I checked on google, my Intel DH55TC does have PCIe x16 add-in card connector slot. Thats what I want right..?

yep.
May 19, 2013 12:49:22 AM

Ok. So Thank you.
I will now place the order & get it in 2-3 day.

Thank you all again...
!