Asus gtx 660 ti oc, high resolution bottleneck?

luiesmogollon

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Hello guys, i got some questions to you. first of all sorry for my english it's kind of rusty, i'm from latin america, this is important because buy any hardware is really expensive. so keep in mind it.

I have a I3 3220, and asus P8B75-M LX PLUS , 8 gigas of ram , an xfx radeon hd 4890 , and a samsung 21´5 lcd monitor, its not the best pc but it works for my, i play a lot battlefield 3 and when btf4 comes out, sure i going o buy it, now i got 30 to 50 fps in multiplayer, so the problem is this, a week ago my brother for my birthday give me a asus gtx 660 ti oc 2gb, I read in every single post of that card bottleneck mi cpu, but always make the argument tested in high or ultra resolution, from ever i play online games in low resolution, just because i dont care it looks beauty, i´m going more for performance, besides high resolution with our crappy ping, fps go to hell, so i ask, if i play whith low resolutions its going bottleneck any way my cpu or not?

P.D: I can´t be able to tested because my power supply is dead...... " MAYBE" i can afford an I5 3330

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
in low resolution you CPU may not be much of a bottleneneck. but if your playing CPU intensive games especially in high res you wont get much FPS due to that weak CPU. to fully use the cards potential id recommend going with the i5-3350P.because paired with that GPU you get good performance( atleast 30+ fps) in high settings.