My main hard drive is full while my other one is as good as empty!

giginore

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Hey,

My one disk (c:) is full while my other one (e:) has a lot of free space. When I bought my pc the C: was already kinda full so the intention was to use my E: for everything and just leave the C: where it's at. Now I don't know how, I'm very bad with computers and such, but I guess some programs (or other things) automatically save stuff to your main drive.

the c: drive has 55.8 gb in total while e: has 1.81 tb, so I think it's pretty obvious as to what I should do. I just don't know how and wether it's actually possible. Most of the things I manually installed are already installed on the E: drive but for some reason the C: keeps adding up.

I'm not sure what else I should include in here. As I said before I'm not very good with computers and I'm kinda clueless as to what (or how) I should do here.

Hope you guys can help me out. Feel free to ask any questions, I feel like I'm not providing enough information but that's all I can think of at the moment. I just need a way to get some stuff from my C: to my E: or make my E: my main hard drive or something.

fatboyslim

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

your operating system will install all its updates on your system drive. you cannot stop that, so it will use more space over time. but other things you can control like you can delete your temp folder periodically, you can also clean up your system drive by using disk clean up feature of windows and you can also erase your temporary internet files directory to free up some space. Additionally I would suggest you run disk defragmenter on a monthly basis may be .. that odes not free up space but helps keep your data compact.

Latest posts