Sign in with
Your question

Building Decent 500$ Gaming Computer, Please Help!

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2013 8:36:44 PM

Hello everyone! Since birth I've been stuck with a pretty garbage machine. If I close all other programs, and end all the processes I can, and then set League of Legends to high priority, I can get 10 frames at best on lowest settings. For those who don't know, LoL is not a system intensive game. Anyways, I recently ran into a bit of money, and I'm looking to build the best possible computer with 500$. I'm going to be playing games that aren't too intense, such as League of Legends, Gary's Mod, or Minecraft. I'd also like to be able to run Skype and possibly even my browser at the same time (that would be godly). I'd also really like to get 60 fps on high settings, but I've accepted on this budget it won't be likely (or even possible), so I guess medium or even low settings are fine if need be. I'm not too sure how this works, but I live in Canada (Ontario) if that makes any difference. I'd really like to thank anyone who'd spend any time to help me in advance, as I know this isn't something you'd have to do, but would sure as heck improve the quality of my life. Thanks again,

Jared
May 19, 2013 9:37:57 AM

Here is a link to a build that Tom's hardware did a few months ago(December 2012). http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html Nice thing about it is if you feel you need to upgrade the cpu later on, you can using the LGA 1155 chipset. But at least this gives you a guide to what you can expect. Prices probably have changed and 8GB of ram is not needed, ram prices are going up but fluctuate all the time.

Happy gaming, the Prisoner...

!