sprier

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Here's my setup
AMD FX-8350 (not OC'd)
Asus sabertooth R2
Corsair GS700
Radeon 7970 (not OC'd)
8gb of RAM (1 stick from bundle Pc and one from a friend)
Regular 1tb HDD from a bundled PC (little over a year old)
SO, here is my problem, by the way I gave you the GPU in-case its a power problem.
Okay so here is my story, my computer ran great no problems but I wanted a better GPU. So I looked around and chose a sapphire 7950 Vapor X and once it arrived I installed it and after installing drivers it would blue screen every time I went to boot up the system, so tried it in safe mode, and it worked as a standard VGA adapter but drivers caused blue screen, so then I RMA'd it and got a full refund but in-between that time and getting the 7970 I went back to my old 560, that's when all the blue screens started happening, examples are when I am doing multiple things at once or when I am trying to use a screen capture device, like fraps, the second I press the hot key to record it immediately freezes and blue screens, so I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 7 home premium a few times, one from a disc and one that's preinstalled on an HDD, still no luck with all the blue-screens. Then the 7970 came and still doing those two things (fraps and multitasking) it will freeze up and Blue screen, Its driving me nuts. I should be able to multitask with an 8350, I did everything just fine with the 560 before the 7950 came around. So my question is, is my computer dead? Is there anything I can do to make this not happen anymore? Any response would be great. Thanks!

P.S. Over heating is not the issue my case has good airflow and temps never go up past limits. ALSO the CPU was OC'd for a little while without my knowledge so it was at 4.33 GHz with a voltage set for 4.0 so If that's the problem it would be easier to fix.
P.S.S Also just today I was watching youtube and updating planetside 2 and it froze again. SO confused!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Unless your 2 sticks of memory are a matched pair, there's a good chance the problem is memory related. When running memory in dual channel mode, the sticks must match EXACTLY. Take out the used stick and run the system like that for awhile to see if the BSOD issues go away. In fact, I'd even test each stick INDIVIDUALLY with memtest for at least one full pass just in case one of the sticks is bad.
http://www.memtest.org/
If you've never used memtest before, you simply download the .iso file and burn a bootable CD. Boot to that and the test will start automatically.

TRENDING THREADS