Sign in with
Your question

Screen Freezes Hardware Issues

Last response: in Components
May 19, 2013 12:53:33 PM

sometimes when i play my screen just freezes totally for about 5-10 seconds,when it have frezed i can hear sounds and move cursor and everything.
After 5-10 seconds suddenly it all works again and the game/program i was running has minimized itself.I just open it and it works all fine.
It only happen when i play games,probably because it requires more and stuff.
Once i was playing it happend and i heard a series of beep sound,there was alot of beeps like in a song for about 3 seconds maybe.Whats the problem and how do i fix this??
May 19, 2013 5:52:12 PM

It's not easy to define but it might be a conflict with the sound driver.
You do need to add all your hardware specs to find if they are more at fault than the drivers. What OS version?
What resolution do you use for desktop as compared with the actual game settings?
What games do you play that do have issues?
What other spplications are also opened while you are gaming?
Are the games stand-alone or Steam or Multi-player?
What anti-virus programs do you use?
What is your Browser and version?

It could be a conflict with an older video card in a newer PC rig.
Is it a PC rig or a laptop?
Is it Windows or AppleMac?

May 21, 2013 8:40:10 AM

I use Windows 7
I use Max resulotion
It mostly happens in DayZ,but sometimes other games too.
Other applications is mostly skype
Multi-Player games mostly
I use Norton 360

Its a windows pc rig :) 
Related resources
May 21, 2013 11:14:38 AM

Earlier it happend again when i was playing Arma 3 Alpha but this time the game crashed there was a little box with this error:
D3D Error - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
May 21, 2013 11:49:44 AM

Skype for Windows desktop
•PC running Windows® XP, Vista or 7, both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
•Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
•Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
•For voice calls we recommend a broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
•For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams, and at least one person on the call needs to have a Skype Premium subscription. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down / 512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.

DXGI - DirectX Graphics Infrastructure (DXGI) is a user-mode component of Windows Vista and above...
Microsoft DirectX Graphics Infrastructure (DXGI) recognizes that some parts of graphics evolve more slowly than others. The primary goal of DXGI is to manage low-level tasks that can be independent of the DirectX graphics runtime. DXGI provides a common framework for future graphics components; the first component that takes advantage of DXGI is Microsoft Direct3D 10.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop...(v=vs.85).aspx

Norton 360 -
System Requirements - Operating System: Windows® XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows XP Tablet, Windows XP Media Center 2005 or higher, Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate.
Phishing Protection feature requires Microsoft® Internet Explorer v6.0 or higher
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
"Current subscription required to Norton 360 required for Automatic Microsoft Windows 7 compatibility update to be delivered online. Norton 360 for Windows 7 is subject to production release of the Windows 7 operating system within the service period. For more information regarding Norton 360 and Microsoft for Windows 7 system requirements, see Microsoft's website."
http://www.nortonadvisor.com/products-norton/norton-win...

All three have their own issues:

DXDI ( a DLL associated with DirectX) requires you to have older games Windowed (reduced to window box) before you exit them.

Skype tries to uses port 80 which is also used by many other programs. If you have other programs running close Skype then open it, you may experience a type of re-install which is Skype just re-configuring itself.

Norton 360, if a trial version, could be out of date or if a full version, might not be compatible with Windows 7 without the Windows 7 update, or the subscription is out of date.. all of which require you to uninstall. If you are fully paid subscription and do not have the Windows 7 compatiblity pack, then that is an issue you need to address, the update is available in the link above.
May 21, 2013 3:13:25 PM

Thanks man,it was the DirectX i reinstalled directx and now it works all fine :) 
May 21, 2013 7:08:04 PM

I was going to suggest re-installing the Directx but thought I'd wait until you had replied about the Norton or the Skype. Skype seems to be always included with all problems with recent issues. Glad you fixed the problem

Happy Computing! :) 
!