Needing help to build a new gaming computer.

Silentsintheday

Honorable
May 19, 2013
As the title states I'm planning on building a new gaming computer, I've tired to learn what i would need on my own but it's all going over my head.

Approximate Purchase Date: within the next month most like sooner rather then later(hopefully).
Budget Range: $1,000- $1500
System Usage from Most to Least Important:Mainly gaming and some common stuff like surfing the web but nothing major though.
Are you buying a monitor: No. Using dual monitors.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Don't really have one.
Parts Preferences: I don't know?
Overclocking: I don't know what this is or anything about it.
SLI or Crossfire: I don't know what this is or anything about it.
Your Monitor Resolution: Dell ST2010-1600x900 and ViewSonic VE700-1280x1024

Additional Comments: I want to be able to use dual monitors, currently I use the dell monitor for gaming while I watch videos or stream/chatting/surfing the web etc etc on the viewsonic. I would like to keep things this way and only get new monitors if it's an absolute must.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:The main reason is because this computer is 7 years old and is starting to have a hard time playing current games and even some free to play games on lower sitting. So I want to get a new computer, also I've been getting "asked" what kind of gaming computer would i want.

Thank you for your help and if you need more info or have a question please ask.

Affiliated

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
It is going to be actually up to you about how you really want your computer.
I highly recommend going to this website: (click here)

Associate anything you wish to have the ability in your computer for and put a lot of time and thinking into what you're going to do for your build.

If you need any assistance I'm willing to help you fully through one simple Skype call.
My Skype username: "TheAffiliatedPro"

Easily contact me and I can guide you quickly through build a great PC for your actual needs.

Silentsintheday

Honorable
May 19, 2013

I hate to be rude but did you even read what i posted? Because that website would be helpful if I knew what I was doing but as a I said it's all over my head as in I have no clue what's good or bad or anything really.

noobuilder1

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Here is a solid build, Lots of room to add OS if you need it or go to an Intel i5 or i7, but the AMD will be a great chip for just about everything and about a hundred bucks cheaper then an i7

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YqCk
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YqCk/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YqCk/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
8 core CPU is really good for multitasking, i.e. game on one screen, watching a video on the other.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
better then every air cooler, keeps your CPU temps down.
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Asus is a good brand and has great software that comes with it that is very helpful (AI suiteII)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.49 @ Amazon)
8GB is plenty, but if you went to 16GB now is the time to do it, prices are going up and its cheaper to get 1 16gb set then 2 8gb sets at different times
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($93.99 @ Adorama)
Solid State Drive for your Operating system and most played games, not very big but its VERY fast, will boot your computer from off to up and running in 20 to 30 seconds.. and will load your most played games like you wouldnt believe.
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)
Big slower drive for big storage, videos pictures etc.
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
One BEAST of a video card you will play max settings on almost every game out there with good frame rates, built in multi monitor support.
Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Completely up to you, good price and IMHOI think its a good looking case.
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Gives you a lot of room to add things to down the road, good quality name brand.
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
its a dvd drive, not much more to be said about this one, it worksand is cheap.
Total: $1161.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-19 18:12 EDT-0400)

Silentsintheday

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Thank you very much, I will most likely get the items you mentioned. Maybe a smaller storage because 1TB sounds like a lot of space and I doubt I could fill even half that amount up. Again thank you!