Separate GPU Loop with H100 for CPU

Hamzy11

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Hi there guys, I'm a bit new to water cooling and i need some help. I am planning to use a Arc Midi R2 with a H100 for the CPU and i wanted to know whether it would be a good idea to create another separate loop for the GPU (GTX 650ti Boost)?

If so, what fittings would you guys recommend that I use for the GPU as I am a complete newbie with size fittings and OD/ID etc... I will most probably be using a 120mm thick rad at the front or i might consider using a slim 240mm rad at the front... What do you think would be better?

Hopefully the community here can help - Thanks Guys

The benefits of watercooling are lower temps, less noise and with this, more room to overclock. Here isn't not going to do you any good, on air the card will be essentially silent and run at less than 65C, and has no overclocking headroom due to voltage locks.

Unnecessary.

Hamzy11

Honorable
May 19, 2013

So there is no point of me water cooling my GPU?

If so, what would make an ideal CPU loop for a 3570k overclocked to 4.4ghz? Fittings, pump, rad, fans etc... ?

Hamzy11

Honorable
May 19, 2013

But will i then be able to overclock to about 4.2 ghz and also get medium temps?

I will be planning to use a 3570k, what Motherboard do you guys recommend ?

Hamzy11

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Well, how much more would a simple loop with a dual rad cost me? And will my temps be any lower than h100?

You don't need a super amazing loop for a 3570k. I'm using a piece of crap H60i and I'm at 4.5Ghz with little noise, a 212 Evo is a better cooler, so is certain to get that.

Like the others said its way better to have a nicer video card, that really impacts gaming.

Theres no point water-cooling a 650Ti, the loop would end up costing about as much as the card. Downgrade the H100i to a 212 EVO (you can hit 4.2Ghz easy on that) and ditch the custom water to front up enough cash to get yourself something along the lines of a GTX 670 or HD7970.

Getting a stronger GPU outright is much better than spending a premium so you can overclock a lower end card harder.