Very Odd Boot Loop. Please Help Me.

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Ok, so, after rebuilding my PC from a fall it endured a few weeks back (everything still worked absolutely fine) I attempted to turn it on and got a boot loop where the pc would boot, display nothing, then turn off. Since the bios was inaccessible, I figured the psu had died. I tested my PC using my brother's psu of the exact same make and model, and my PC Posted and I was able to enter the bios. With this in mind I decided to get a new psu. I bought a Corsair TX650 to replace my GX650. after returning home and installing the new power supply this bootloop came back.

I'm at a loss and I need to use my PC for homework tonight. I have tried removing the CMOS battery too and this didn't work.

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I would start by removing EVERYTHING then install CPU, x1 stick of RAM, PSU, HDD, GPU (if no onboard) and go from there.

Did you remove CMOS battery AND move the jumpers to reset?

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
I hadn't tried the jumper but it did boot with one stick of RAM, I read that the cpu maybe be an issue, perhaps a bent pin, I'm may have messed something up when I removed the CPU to avoid damage when I removed a dent from the case. I am going to re seat the cpu and cooler and attempt to boot again. I'll update when I'm done.

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Yup, re seating the CPU and cooler fixed it, thanks for the response though. Now I have go return this new PSU, oh PC's, Y U NO WORK LIKE CONSOLE.