Will my future PC be able to play the latest games?

ForePlay

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I was wondering if the computer I plan to build will be able to run the latest games with high/ultra settings at around at least 45fps. If there are any better products you could suggest for about the same price of the ones I have it would be much appreciated. This build ends up around ~$1400 give or take a couple.

Here is what I plan to build:
-RAM- Corsair 16GB Ram Kit

-CPU- Intel Core i5-3570k

-GFX- Gigabyte Radeon HD 7790

-BOARD- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming

-SSD- Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD

-HDD- Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB

-PowerSupply- Corsair GS600

-OS- Windows 8 64-bit OEM

-CASE- Raidmax ATX818WBP Aeolus VT ATX

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!

Meng2strong

Honorable
May 10, 2013
As of now if you are talking CoD/BF3 and lower settings in Crysis 3 then sure. I would however get a better graphics card just to be future-proof for longer and lower the RAM, RAM you can always upgrade whenever for a lower price vs GFX cards.

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
As stated above, you may want to invest a bit more in the graphics card if you intend to keep the build for a while. 16 GB of RAM isn't really needed at this point in time, 8GB seems to be the sweetspot.

ForePlay

Honorable
May 20, 2013

Thanks for the help! Which card would you recommend if I drop RAM and go for a higher card?

Meng2strong

Honorable
May 10, 2013

680 GTX but there is quite a big price difference I think.

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

It really depends on a few things, such as budget, and what you want to get out of it. The 7790 is fairly solid, but say in comparison to the 7850. The 7790 has faster clock speeds, yet gets about 10 fps less (a quick Youtube search can usually get a good view on the fps cards get for different games). If it were me, I'd spend a bit of time just browsing, and using something like gpuboss.com to compare the cards. Or if you don't mind upgrading down the line, get something that does well just now, and when the time comes that it gets a bit outdated, upgrade to something that can handle it, and repeat. It doesn't hurt to take your time, figuring out what's optimal for your needs.
Regardless of what you decide to do, best of luck with your build!

ForePlay

Honorable
May 20, 2013

Thanks again Allan, I think I have finally settled on the XFX Double D FX-7870. Even with this uprade, and the lower RAM the build ended up to be about $100 less. I appreciate your help!!!

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Glad to have of assistance. Feel free to message me, or create another thread if you need any help with your build. If you have not built one before (or even if you have, in some cases) simple mistakes can occur, which usually just take a fresh pair of eyes to sort out. All the best.