Windows 7 7600 not genuine

Nin10dawg64

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
about 1 1/2 weeks after installing an old windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS disc, when i booted this morning i get a message" windows 7600 not genuine", no i assume i there someway to fix(i no longer have my product to key or original packaging for windows 7)" this but first i want to ask, what will happen i I just leave it be? And Is there a legitimate way to buy solely the product key(I don't have $100+ to spend on a new OS)

Wolfshadw

Titan
The software is essentially free. It's the license/product key that costs ~$100. If you no longer have it. You're out of luck. If I remember correctly, you have 30 days to activate your Windows license. After that, it will stop working.

-Wolf sends

g-unit1111

Titan
I've had this problem before on my old laptop and wound up having to do a full reformat and reregistration of Windows by calling the MS phone service and entering the product key manually. It sucks but there's no other option.

Nin10dawg64

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

Some people have been saying that it will stop working after 30 days, others are saying that i'll no longer be able to use microsoft updates and service pack, but it'll still work, how can i check which is true for my case?