Why are xfx cards so cheap?

Why are they so cheap compared to other brands? Are they inferior compared to others?
7 answers Last reply
More about xfx cards cheap
  1. None of the ones I've built with were. Are you comparing apples to oranges? Let's see an example.
  2. Their cooling solutions have been known to be quite a bit worse comparing to other companies recently
  3. Because they are crap.
  4. clutchc said:
    None of the ones I've built with were. Are you comparing apples to oranges? Let's see an example.


    I'm actually not sure lol. I'm planning on getting either a 7870xt or 7950's and while browsing ncix.ca, i see these prices: http://ncix.ca/search/?categoryid=0&q=7950
  5. 7870XT is a great choice for single monitor gaming. Its nearly as good as the 7950 for like 50-90 bucks cheaper.
  6. caydn12 said:
    7870XT is a great choice for single monitor gaming. Its nearly as good as the 7950 for like 50-90 bucks cheaper.


    The sapphire version would be the best 7870xt right? I'm actually torn between the MSI 7950 and the Sapphire 7870xt. (I also need to purchase a power supply.) The total for the 7870xt is $412 (CAN) and the 7950 is about $512. What do you think is worth for my money?

    PSU which is available for the 7870 is: https://www.superbiiz.com/desc.php?name=EV-NEX650G
    7950: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=78946&promoid=1079
  7. KyleT014 said:
    clutchc said:
    None of the ones I've built with were. Are you comparing apples to oranges? Let's see an example.


    I'm actually not sure lol. I'm planning on getting either a 7870xt or 7950's and while browsing ncix.ca, i see these prices: http://ncix.ca/search/?categoryid=0&q=7950


    Comparing prices of the HD 7950 at the Newegg Ca. site, the XFX are not the least expensive. In fact they are even sold out.
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007708&IsNodeId=1&Description=hd%207950&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

    Same situation with the HD 7870: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006663&IsNodeId=1&Description=hd%207870&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

    But Sapphire and MSI have always been some of my favorites.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics