Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best graphics card under £100 for my old pc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 20, 2013 8:23:10 AM

What graphics card under £100 should i put in my old pc (core 2 quad 4gb ram) to run DAYZ CRYSIS and SIMCITY at decent framerates. It currently has a geforce 9600 gt that seems to be wheezing away and id like to upgrade but only have £100 budget, I was thinking of the xfx hd7770 but literally only based on a quick search online, any alternative suggestions would be appreciated cheers.

More about : graphics card 100

May 20, 2013 9:38:47 AM

Sharpskilz said:
What graphics card under £100 should i put in my old pc (core 2 quad 4gb ram) to run DAYZ CRYSIS and SIMCITY at decent framerates. It currently has a geforce 9600 gt that seems to be wheezing away and id like to upgrade but only have £100 budget, I was thinking of the xfx hd7770 but literally only based on a quick search online, any alternative suggestions would be appreciated cheers.


i have same pc config just as you but i pick hd7850 which costs INR 14000/- but i suggest to you get hd7750 or gtx 650 2gb edition. here is the comparison link..
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1150&gid2=...
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 20, 2013 10:22:42 AM

As long as you do n't expect too much the 7770 is a fair gamer but I'd suggest you extend the budget just a little and aim for the superior GTX650Ti.
Also bear in mind these cards will only (probably) have 1Gb of memory and restricted memory bandwidth (speed) so they'll all take a heavy performance hit if you apply any anti-aliasing.
As always, check the power supply can cope before committing.
A few places to look: Dabs, CCL, Aria, Overclockers, Misco, Novatech, Pixmania Scan and Ebuyer.
Related resources
May 20, 2013 11:22:08 AM

coozie7 said:
As long as you do n't expect too much the 7770 is a fair gamer but I'd suggest you extend the budget just a little and aim for the superior GTX650Ti.
Also bear in mind these cards will only (probably) have 1Gb of memory and restricted memory bandwidth (speed) so they'll all take a heavy performance hit if you apply any anti-aliasing.
As always, check the power supply can cope before committing.
A few places to look: Dabs, CCL, Aria, Overclockers, Misco, Novatech, Pixmania Scan and Ebuyer.


Ok Ive seen GTX 650 base model for as little as same as 7770 for a 1 gig what is the difference between this and the Ti?
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 20, 2013 3:50:31 PM

Buy it with a credit card for maximum protection.
Do n't ignore the Distance Selling Regulations (Google it).
Leadtek are a lesser known company these days but they have a long past, grab it with both hands because you'll not find better value.
Anywhere.
May 21, 2013 3:50:51 AM

coozie7 said:
Buy it with a credit card for maximum protection.
Do n't ignore the Distance Selling Regulations (Google it).
Leadtek are a lesser known company these days but they have a long past, grab it with both hands because you'll not find better value.
Anywhere.


Thanks for the advice, should be coming tomorrow. :) 

!