Help getting Kindle Fires (2nd Gen) to join each other to play Minecraft PE

blokizaki

Honorable
May 20, 2013
We have 3 kindle fires. 1 1st Generation (which the other 2 can join into Minecraft games) and 2 -2nd Gen fires (that no kindles can join into Minecraft games). The 2nd Gen can join the 1st Gen Kindle Fire, iphones & ipads; but not the other way around.

I followed a well-written post that worked for another person (http://www.mcpe-servers.blogspot.com/). Still didn't work for me. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong (or doing right for that matter).

Here's where I am:
1.When I port forwarded the first one, the router took the info. Then when I went to port forward the other 2, it told me there was a conflict because there was something forwarded to that location (#19132 per blog post mentioned in Temena post).

2.So, then I changed the numbers and assigned each kindle it's own port. So now have:

• Kindle 1 to 19132

•Kindle 2 to 19133

•Kindle 3 to 19134

•No conflicts now in the router

3.Downloaded Block Launcher Pro to all Kindles and set external ip the same on all Kindles

4.When I start a game on Kindle 2 and try to have Kindle 3 "join" the game, the only wifi it finds is it's own username game and then can't "connect to server." So,

•Kindle 2 scans wifi and sees only "Kindle 2", then can't connect to server

•Kindle 3 scans wifi and sees only "Kindle 3", then can't connect to server
    I've learned SO much doing this (& setting up a server via Ubuntu desktop for my kids -- different subject) but I am nowhere near expert with UDP/TCP, Ports, etc.

What am I missing? I've read through this Forum and usually found help with other topics -- very informative. Does anyone know anything about port forwarding with Kindle Fires (1st & 2nd Generations)? Or how to get all kindles joined together to play minecraft pocket edition?

Any information -- in basic, non-techy terms -- would be appreciated. :)