Report: Xbox Infinity Will Conquer Cloud Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tig Byson

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Is it really cloud gaming if I need to buy additional hardware? The appeal of OnLive is that it turns your existing computer, tablet or phone into a full fledged gaming device.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
the ps4 is gonna kill this thing. microsoft should stick with excel and word. rumor has it the ps4 is going to be 8 times more powerful than the top of the line PCs out right now. not even bill gates can deny facts. he's gonna be livin on the streets come christmas time. have you guys screenshots for the 720? looks worse than the wii u. i'd rather buy a wii u just because they're different from a PC, but i'm definitely buying a PS4. i still have the original xbox it's still a great system, 360 was OK but too many hardware issues. the 720 is just gonna be another room heater oh and i also heard there's not going to be a SSD in it but the PS4 is gonna have a 256gig SSD with hologram technology and no joke some games will have smell added which sony will sell these speakers that smell like fire like if you're running through fire. and wind if it's windy. it's going to be insane.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
the ps4 is gonna kill this thing. microsoft should stick with excel and word. rumor has it the ps4 is going to be 8 times more powerful than the top of the line PCs out right now. not even bill gates can deny facts. he's gonna be livin on the streets come christmas time. have you guys screenshots for the 720? looks worse than the wii u. i'd rather buy a wii u just because they're different from a PC, but i'm definitely buying a PS4. i still have the original xbox it's still a great system, 360 was OK but too many hardware issues. the 720 is just gonna be another room heater oh and i also heard there's not going to be a SSD in it but the PS4 is gonna have a 256gig SSD with hologram technology and no joke some games will have smell added which sony will sell these speakers that smell like fire like if you're running through fire. and wind if it's windy. it's going to be insane.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

You sir, just made my day with your "information"!:)

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

in the US? nowhere, not everyone can even stream Netflix in 720, let alone games and their multiplayers, its a horrible idea

"the ps4 is gonna kill this thing. microsoft should stick with excel and word. rumor has it the ps4 is going to be 8 times more powerful than the top of the line PCs out right now."
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Dude, whatever meds you are on or narcotics you are abusing, STOP TAKING IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! I've read a lot of FUD over the years here on Tom's and elsewhere, but you just broke the mold. Unless of course you are just being an idiot and trolling with stupidity. Oh and I'm also getting a PS4 in place of my PS3...but will still leave the *real* gaming for eye candy to my 4.8GHz, 680-SLI PC running a 2560x1440 resolution monitor.

davisch1

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
@dietrich1-Theres a few problems with your "facts"-Firstly bill gates doesnt really bank on the xbox to keep microsoft profitable. So i dont think he'll be living on any street anytime soon. Secondly, ill take hardware issues with the xbox over the sony servers going down for months at a time ANY day. Lastly, NO console will EVER be more powerful than a pc, let alone top of the line pc's. Not sure you understand how computers and consoles work....but clearly somebody has been drinking a lot of sony kool-aid. Enjoy your 800 dollar server failure and having your credit cards stolen by hackers! Oh and your "smell system". Silly trolls.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012

It is hilarious how obvious it is you are trolling lol!

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I can't say I'm a huge fan of streaming since I'm on a 2.5 mbit connection right now, streamed games wouldn't even be playable for me. But in the future I'm going to be upgrading to 50 mbit, and then streaming might just mean something to me. I'll take streaming backwards compatibility over no backwards compatibility.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Anyone who buys a playstation or Xbox to play streaming games is a retard, but they do say a fool and his money are soon parted.

On a side note, I HATE focus group words like the cloud.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

i wouldnt want a thing to do with it, i just think it would be interesting to see what it can deliver, how reliable and other things like that. your opinion and peoples lack of internet doesnt change my interest =D

Dear cloudies: Can someone please explain why I'm supposed to be so excited about streaming games? I'd much rather not have to depend on the whims of my Internet connection to tell me whether I'm able to boot up a game, or whether it's going to suddenly crash at a bad time. Walking over and popping in a disc IS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. Neither is having a shelf full of discs, I mean how many hundreds do you think I have.

Tig Byson

Honorable
May 20, 2013

Um, no. You don't download a "cloud" game at all. It's the quickest way of playing any game.

Tig Byson

Honorable
May 20, 2013

If you play all your games on one device (console or computer) and you don't mind paying full price for virtually every game you buy, cloud gaming may be not be for you. The only way to play newer type games on any device like a tablet or even a smartphone is the cloud. Check out L.A. Noire or Homefront on OnLive and you'll understand.

G

I can see all the crapboz fanboys coming alive today. About how it's going to outshine gaming pcs and the PS4. Give me a break !

Status
Not open for further replies.