mATX main rig

I'm stuck on what motherboard type I should buy. I want a compact computer, for gaming and graphic design. I'll use one monitor for gaming and two for graphic design. (Not at once). I'll be getting a gtx 670 and using a i5 ivy bridge. The problem is if I should buy a atx case and motherboard or matx case and motherboard. I won't be using sli, but will be over clocking. What do you think? Matx or atx?
6 answers Last reply
More about matx main rig
  1. Atx for more feature, but not wrong to have a M-Atx, still provide a good overclock potential such as Asus Maximus V Gene. So, would you want to ask for motherboard recommendation other than Asus Maximus V Gene?
  2. PlanarX999 said:
    Atx for more feature, but not wrong to have a M-Atx, still provide a good overclock potential such as Asus Maximus V Gene. So, would you want to ask for motherboard recommendation other than Asus Maximus V Gene?

Could you recommend a motherboard around the performance of the Maximus V gene. Also, would you say I'd be better off going with an atx mobo?

Thanks
  3. Yes, Atx would be nice choice if you need more feature such as more pcie slot but i no mean for you by going with ATX, but if you ask for recommendation, here:
    Close and Better than V Gene
    1. Asus Maximus V Formula($290), though Extreme($380) one is best board
    2. MSI Z77 Mpower($200), saving electricity, low vcore on high overclock
    3. Asrock Z77 OC Formula($230), good CPU overclock
    4. Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 ($270), killer E2200 LAN, online gaming No.1
    5. Asrock Z77 Extreme4(140), best bang for buck, PCB could be flimsy, so beware
    6. MSI Z77A-GD65 gaming($160), descendant of Mpower
    Another M-Atx board consider to be good,
    Gigabyte G1. Sniper M3($170) smaller form, perform same as (4), but lose some feature, as Killer E2200
  4. go with Atx because u will get more room to further upgrade ur pc and atx board will overclock well and will generate less heat.
  5. Sorry, but a good replied, abuzz.
    Asus Maximus V Gene is best M-Atx board i ever seen, its still low temp while overclock compare with Maximus V Formula, only after 48 x 100MHz overclock, then get much hotter than V Formula.
    So, you can choose either form, M-Atx or Atx, but as reminder that M-atx board may lose some feature as less PCIE slot and ....... , not much overall difference between the these board form.
  6. yes, Asus Maximus V Gene is overall good motherboard and overclocks well so there is no better choice in that matx boards.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards