Newegg, Does not care about it's customers

Charles Eaton

Honorable
May 20, 2013
"I order a part from Newegg on 5/9/2013, the order did not come? this is the first time this has happen. Call newegg they said it would take 5 day if they did decide to replace this 112.00 order, called 5 days later now it is still 5 more days, but if I order a new one they will give me a 20.00 credit for overnight?, But guess what it will take 5 days for that credit too. The burn is I have spend over 3000.00 this year with them and over 10.000.00 in the last three years, now that one order is missing they could care less, I'm just SOL till, if or when they can get around to it. So I guess it is time to find a new supplier of computer parts that care about customer service. They are great till there is a problem, then you better watch out, They will take forever, and if you have a customer waiting on that part you will lose face and may never get any answer in a timely matter from newegg. DON"T RISK IT, ORDER FROM SOME ONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. And that not newgg as show by their action.
Charles Eaton

Solution
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your package.

We will be in contact with you by email very soon. We will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time,

Newegg.com
Most of us have wonderful customer service from newegg; I'm sorry you are having such trouble.

That being said, two things:

1) What does railing against them on a tech forum do to help you?

2) You shouldn't put your email anywhere on the internet; there are many many bots out there that troll forums like these to find emails to spam.

KnowItAll

Honorable
May 13, 2013
How do you know it's Newegg's fault? Did you get a tracking number? Did it say delivered??

I've spent well over 20K with Newegg. Never had a bad experience. They have even given me credit twice for rebates that I didn't get, even though they weren't the ones offering the rebate.

newegg typically ships items out fast and always provides a tracking number when items are shipped out.

did you bother to check the status of the item by using this number? this is the first thing that i would check.

NEWEGG HAS NO CONTROL OF THE ITEM ONCE IT IS SHIPPED SO BLAMING THEM IS POINTLESS IF IT IS INDEED A LOST PACKAGE

if there is an incident where the item was shipped by them but has not arrived or was marked as delivered then ups will need to get involved since this would be covered under insurance. likely the delay is not just due to newegg needing to look into the matter but also ups having to look into the matter. i have heard of electronics being stolen by ups employees (well i should say ex-employees) and also being stolen from peoples porches when delivered.

as long as newegg shipped the item out and has insurance on the item they did their part. with that said newegg will look into the matter and should give you a positive resolution (after all this falls under ups shipping insurance) but it may take a few days for them to look into the matter.

if you dont want to wait you can call ups yourself and see what they say about the issue.
------

now i have heard of items not being shipped out (but if this was the case you would have indicated it) due to various issues such as billing addresses not matching shipping addresses or a glitch in their system but in general newegg is very good about getting things out to their customers.

also keep in mind that there are other companies who are using the newegg website to sell items. it appears that many retailers are doing this now for some reason. did you buy the item from newegg or one of those sellers?

asking for advice on a forum is one thing but whining about poor customer service is another. if you want better advice then you need to post details such as what the tracking status is, dates, neweggs response to you, etcetera. all we can do is make a best guess about what your situation is.

dont post your email address (why would you anyways since you just appear to be ranting) as bots will find it and spam you. in fact, they most likely already have found the address.

---

not trying to be rude or mean here.... but from what i've heard so far it sounds like a shipping issue and not newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I really do not understand your complaint. First off Newegg gives you a tracking number. If Newegg shipped your order to the address YOU provided and it did not get there then it is NOT Newegg's fault, it is the fault of the delivery company! Track your package and see where the package is, if it is signed for then you will have to file a claim which can take a few weeks.

I personally dealt something with this in April for the first time where I accidentally ordered 2 660Ti at $300 a piece. I accepted one package and refused the other. However the package was shipped free via Super Eggsaver through FedEx then passed off to the USPS to be delivered to me. I waited over a month to get my full refund! I kid you not, and it was the fault of FedEx. Don't believe? Here is my FedEx tracking number 61299998790721227058 take a look.

The package got to me in 3 days 4/3/2013! When I refused it, it took over a month to get back to Newegg, they did not get it until 5/3/2013. I did not get my refund back until about 2 weeks ago which was on 5/7/2013.

So long story short. Learn where to place your blame and not mindless bash the wrong company at fault here. Personally I have nothing but positive experiences with Newegg, and I spend a ton there. On 3 occasions when I had to RMA something because I did not like it or it did not perform as advertised and the shipping cost was more than the product cost, they just gave me store credit and told me to keep the item.

Feb 24, 2006
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your package.

We will be in contact with you by email very soon. We will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time,

Newegg.com

Solution

TRENDING THREADS