Why no one answers threads

AppleJackXD

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Ok im not mad...just curious. Why do so many people view ppls threads and not answers them ? There are so many un-answered threads.... i thought this was a place i could get answers from.

Seems ppl just come here to read ppls PC misfortunes ,and ppls questions ,but the have no intention of answering them.

Is there a better place to get PC building answers ,where i will be guaranteed to get replys ?

I can't speak for everyone and this may not apply to everyone, but the way I see it, this is not a service. We are not obliged to make replies to your threads. I know that you're not paying me to reply to your threads.

That aside, it could depend on when you ask. Maybe you're unfortunate for asking when most helpers are not around. A lot people come here, create an account, ask for help, and then leave. The majority do not stick around. There are a lot of unanswered threads right now. Why not help us out by answering them? :D

AppleJackXD

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I'm just saying when you look at the numbers of views compared to answers it's crazy. For example i have seen lots i mean lots of threads with 1000's of views and like no more than 20 reply's not even that even less reply's.

I find ironic how 1000's of people can view threads ,yet only 10 or 20 people out of 1000 persons have any answers to the questions they read.

Btw i answered a thread today.

True; it may be people or robots viewing them. Some of those numbers may not be actual members but as guests that got there via a search engine. My point was that it's hard to answer every thread. Threads are generally created at a higher rate than people can answer or reply to them. This goes for any big forums.

Don't stop at one thread. :p Keep going. I post at least 20-30 times a day and threads are still pouring in. It's also not just to reply to new threads. I have to follow up on them when OP replies, or someone else. I try to help them solve their problem(s), not just reply to threads to up my post count.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
if you open a thread 1 time then it will add 1 in read count
if you read it 100 times then it will add 100 reads
so this means 1000 reads is not equal to seen by 1000 distinct people
it means that people opend it a total of 1000 times

and if you want more answers then post your question as "question thread" instead of "discussion thread"
as op can select a best answer in question thread while not in discussion thread and members do want some badges and/or want their answers to be selected as best answer ;)

there are plenty of people on here who actively participate in answering questions for users, myself included.

keep in mind that as truegenius mentioned every single time a user checks the post the view counter is updated. this refers to the original poster, the people actively posting solutions and also the plethora of people who stop in to read the post because they find it interesting or it applies to them but they do not have the knowledge to actually help out.

if a post gets 10 replies from 2 different people and has 5 people watching it this can easily amount to 80+ views in a short period of time. this is not to say there are 80 people following the thread.

with that said there are many reasons why a thread may not get answered right away or at all and i will list a few:

-the op is asking for something illegal or borderline illegal such as pirating programs or unlocking a cellphone from a contract without paying.
-the op was rude, obnoxious or posted "if you dont know then dont bother posting a response".
-not enough information was provided by the op such as "my pc doesnt work it has a black screen" and fails to provide any other input.
-the ops post is incomprehensible, ie not in english, badly mispelled or otherwise impossible to decipher.
-the op asked for a solution outside the experience of those reading the post.
-the op posted at a time when the people who answer posts are not on the forum. often questions can take at a minimum a few hours to get a response if not a few days for some harder to answer questions that require an expert on the subject.
-the op posted a question which is very commonly posted. ie something like "what monitor is best for gaming"
-the op posted a question which is obvious or can be answered by searching google. ie somthing like "how do i shut down my pc"
-the op posted in the wrong section of the forum where people familiar with the topic will not find it
-the op posted a discussion not a question thread though typically this shouldnt be an issue (who cares about badges anyways)

some of us prefer to browse only certain parts of the forum. for instance anything posted in opinions and experiences, computer perepherals, entertainment, home audio and home theater i will often see and in many cases respond. i've been known to frequent cell phones however there is so much spam looking for free unlock codes and i lost my cell phone help me posts that i rarely go there.

------

in short... you would be suprised how active many of us are at answering posts.

if you would like a few detailed answers why posts were not answered at all please provide a few examples here.

i think we answered the reason why post views vastly exceed post counts.