Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
First my full specs were

e7400 c2duo ,
DP45sg intel board ,
4 gb ram, 500gb hd,
350w extreme power psu,
Nvidia 9800gt.

I never overclock. Had this rig for 2 years without prob.

The problem started during online game, computer hanged completely. then same happened 2 days later and gradually it started happening more and then one day during watching a video it hanged then i pressed ctrl+alt+ del and cancel it, computer resumed but error msg was "Display driver stopped working and recovered". it started happening alot. But furmark stress test ran fine for even an hour ( no heat prob no voltage prob ).

1- So first I bought new psu "cooler master M2 pro 850w " but problem continued.
2- Then i bought gygabyte HD 7950 new gpu , rest was fixed but online game hang comp once or twice.
3- Then I bought 1 TB Seagate new harddrive.

It ran fine for about 1 week but from last 4 days it started giving same error msg and game hangs computer completely. and sometime tht ctrl+alt+ del trick work but gives the msg "driver stopped working and recovered " but now the furmark or msi test also stops after 8 min to 10 mins giving the error msg as above while no temps or voltage issue.

4- I have 2 memory sticks and tried with both of them one at a time on all slots. but problem is still there

Also on this board in bios there is 1- cpu override (i have disabled ) 2- memory override ( set on auto meaning disabled ) 3- bus override. ( this has no disable ). I think there could be some wrong values here but im too scared to change them and see . pci e bus atm in 33. 3 .

Im waiting on Haswell so that i could change my mobo and processor.

But now i think maybe its the mobo prob or is it the pci e slot on mobo that is ruining my gpu and my new gpu is also now gone bad coz of bad mobo. I hope my new GPU is ok coz it was tooo expensive for me :p .

Thank you in advance.

Azzur1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
maybe the port on the motherboard has gone bad on which you have slotted your graphic card, driver compatibility issues may be another reason.

maind00d

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

but my gpu is ok right ? i mean the port could not be destroying the gpu.
And if its a port issue then why did it ran ok for 1 - 2 weeks ?

Azzur1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
try to test your gpu on some other system, if your gpu has gone bad you will notice it, have u overclocked your system or gpu, any changes in the bios settings??? try to switch the settings to default both for bios and on the gpu end.

maind00d

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

As i wrote above i dont oveclock and that my mobo has 3 overrides 2 are at default and one dont have default bust i havn't changed anything in bios.
And thats the prob that i dont have any other sys to check my gpu on