100% CPU usuage after replacing PSU

Nyctalopia

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Hey, my Computer was running perfectly last night, i turned it on this morning and i heard a loud explosion sound, checked out the PSU and it smelled like bad burnt fish, so i went to the store, picked up a new PSU and now my PC does turn on but the CPU usage strikes at 100% and stays there, and the temperature is 96 c

Things i've tried:

I got 3 different Operating Systems on 3 different HardDisks, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mountain Lion Hackintosh built. All 3 suffer the same symptoms so it's definitely not a virus/software issue, another thing is that even the BIOS screen lags, i tried a full BIOS reset, BIOS update. Same thing.

My motherboard: Intel DH61WW
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

I also bought 2 different PSU brands thinking it could be a faulty PSU and i got no result.

Thanks in advance.

elemein

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Only possible damage areas would be the PSU, motherboard, or CPU.

Do you have any other PSUs, motherboards, or CPUs to swap out that you could try to see if any of these areas the the problem?

Nyctalopia

Honorable
May 21, 2013

Well i isolated the possibility of a PSU damage because i replaced it two times. Everything else seems to be working properly, temperature and all are at normal level except the CPU hitting 95 degrease almost instantly. Unfortunately i don't have extra hardware at my disposal to swap. So what are the chances of this being more cpu than a mobo issue?

elemein

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

Unfortunately, in a PSU failure, it's a wildcard. Its more likely the motherboard as it's very difficult for a CPU to be stressed to the point where it has trouble maintaining temp, yet is not fried. It is more likely the mobo, but its a wildcard since a PSU failure can affect anything it wants.

Nyctalopia

Honorable
May 21, 2013

Exactly what i've been thinking. Thanks for your time.