bios reboot froze in F2

luvspinach

Honorable
May 21, 2013
thank you for your advice..

yes the laptop wants F2 but does not go any further! i have tried all combos of keys.. F8, Alt + F10, tried and all techs here in will not help to reset bios battery they say too much work taking laptop apart!

i tried but could not get to battery think it may be under key board i took off back but battery not in sight!

i have even tried with a external dvd drive to start with a iso disc nothing! guess laptop is of no use for me now! and all over a adobe update!

i get a run around from gateway which is no acer! acer bought out many companies phone call after phone call no help!

thank you again for advice!

A lot of laptops have their CMOS battery under the memory hatch. You aren't looking for a shiny, full-size 2032 battery - it's usually smaller and covered in a red plastic casing. I hate to ask this but when you took off the keyboard, could you have mis-aligned the cable when putting it back? Those little beggars are easy to upset and it might explain a few things if the keyboard doesn't work at all. Have you got a USB keyboard you could use for an experiment?