Acer's 8-inch Windows 8 Tablet Shows Its Face Again

Tags:
  • Windows
  • Windows 8
  • Tablets
Last response: in News comments
May 21, 2013 8:59:05 PM

"Will an 8-inch form factor help Microsoft bring Windows 8 to more consumers?"
prediction: not at that cost with a plastic shell and those resolutions...
Score
Related resources
May 21, 2013 10:54:18 PM

All the current Atom z2760 tablets do not support SATA SSD, that are with very slow and bad eMMC SSD only, any brand.
If maker claimed an SSD inside their Atom z2760 tablet, then you must be very cautious, usually they do not wish you to know eMMC inside the tablet.
If you wanted a really creditable Atom tablet, need to wait for Bay Trail M until the end of this year, it will support for SATA 2.0 (not 3.0) and USB 3.0. Also, 8 or 9 inches Windows 8 tablet would come soon.
(The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped)

In currently, Intel Core i3 3229Y is the new Y series processor, very fits to x86 Windows tablet, far better than the Atom z2760, despite that sounds like the z2760 with lower battery consumption.
Also, in the Y series the Pentium 2129Y is also better than the Atom Z2760.
I very expect the 8 or 9 inches (1280x800 IPS screen) Windows 8 tablet with the Y series ULV processor. I can accept the 6 hours battery on the 8 or 9 inches tablet, (In top-quality HD video continuous playback test will not less than 3 hours).
The body's deep in 15mm would be good-enough, does not need 10mm or ultrathin, tablet is not like ultrathin stockings on erogenous thighs of belle.
Maybe you were once wondering, why is MS did not release an Atom z2760 tablet to their Surface series, however, when you known the Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD, would get intelligible.
The eMMC is much slower, and is insecure storage device. The eMMC is merely fit for cellphone and cheap of Android devices, but is not for WIndows x86.
The Windows 8 is not very active in current tablet market, therein the problem in half actually showed from Intel Atom z2760. If with eMMC SSD, why need to buy the expensive Atom z2760 Windows 8? (eMMC is not acceptable performance on x86 OS). But iPad and Android devices are much cheaper with eMMC.
Even if the eMMC SSD Windows 8 Atom z2760 to drop down the price will be still inconclusive, as the Android tablets are always with cheaper price and flooding around, but the Windows x86 tablet's mainly advantageous conditions are not the lowest-end market, so, Atom in x86 Windows must support SATA SSD with better performance.
Score
May 21, 2013 10:55:21 PM

All the current Atom z2760 tablets do not support SATA SSD, that are with very slow and bad eMMC SSD only, any brand.
If maker claimed an SSD inside their Atom z2760 tablet, then you must be very cautious, usually they do not wish you to know eMMC inside the tablet.
If you wanted a really creditable Atom tablet, need to wait for Bay Trail M until the end of this year, it will support for SATA 2.0 (not 3.0) and USB 3.0. Also, 8 or 9 inches Windows 8 tablet would come soon.
(The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped)

In currently, Intel Core i3 3229Y is the new Y series processor, very fits to x86 Windows tablet, far better than the Atom z2760, despite that sounds like the z2760 with lower battery consumption.
I very expect the 8 or 9 inches (1280x800 IPS screen) Windows 8 tablet with the Y series ULV processor. I can accept the 6 hours battery on the 8 or 9 inches tablet, (In top-quality HD video continuous playback test will not less than 3 hours).
The body's deep in 15mm would be good-enough, does not need 10mm or ultrathin, tablet is not like ultrathin stockings on erogenous thighs of belle.
Maybe you were once wondering, why is MS did not release an Atom z2760 tablet to their Surface series, however, when you known the Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD, would get intelligible.
The eMMC is much slower, and is insecure storage device. The eMMC is merely fit for cellphone and cheap of Android devices, but is not for WIndows x86.
The Windows 8 is not very active in current tablet market, therein the problem in half actually showed from Intel Atom z2760. If with eMMC SSD, why need to buy the expensive Atom z2760 Windows 8? (eMMC is not acceptable performance on x86 OS). But iPad and Android devices are much cheaper with eMMC.
Even if the eMMC SSD Windows 8 Atom z2760 to drop down the price will be still inconclusive, as the Android tablets are always with cheaper price and flooding around, but the Windows x86 tablet's mainly advantageous conditions are not the lowest-end market, so, Atom in x86 Windows must support SATA SSD with better performance.
Score
May 21, 2013 10:59:48 PM

If you wanted a really creditable Atom tablet, need to wait for Bay Trail M at the end this year, will support for SATA 2.0 (not 3.0) and USB 3.0. Also, 8 or 9 inches Windows 8 tablet would come soon.
Score
May 21, 2013 11:00:40 PM

If you wanted a really creditable Atom tablet, need to wait for Bay Trail M at the end this year, will support for SATA 2.0 (not 3.0) and USB 3.0. Also, 8 or 9 inches Windows 8 tablet would come soon.
(The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped) .
------------------------------------------------------
Score
May 21, 2013 11:03:35 PM

(The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score
May 21, 2013 11:04:46 PM

(The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score
May 21, 2013 11:04:58 PM

Score
May 22, 2013 12:57:06 AM

I don't get why these guys think that there are buyers willing to pay a premium price for something that has yet to deliver.
If MS seriously wants to get some market share, they should get back to reality and push prices back. Even if that means giving WinBlabla for free. Consider it being another xbox.
Score
May 22, 2013 1:05:20 AM

If you wanted a really creditable Atom tablet, need to wait for Bay Trail M series (not T series) until the end of this year, it will support for SATA 2.0 (not 3.0) and USB 3.0. Also, 8 or 9 inches Windows 8 tablet would come soon.
Note:
The future Bay Trail is with M series to support for SATA 2.0. But, the Bay Trail T series will still continue with bad eMMC like predecessor Clover Trail Atom z2760, and is 32-bit Windows 8 CS only , it does not support 64-bit Windows nor for non-CS Windows version.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Score
May 22, 2013 1:07:46 AM

The current Clover Trail Atom z2760 does not support SATA SSD and USB 3.0, but is a very bad eMMC SSD only, so, it is handicapped.
Note:
The future Bay Trail is with M series to support for SATA 2.0. But, the Bay Trail T series will still continue with bad eMMC like predecessor Clover Trail Atom z2760, and is 32-bit Windows 8 CS only , it does not support 64-bit Windows nor for non-CS Windows version.
Score
May 22, 2013 4:22:37 AM

Junk, Acer should stick to making crappy laptops
Score
May 22, 2013 6:03:43 AM

Way overpriced for underpowered tablet, 8 inch or not. Most PC vendors still do not manage to spec the tablet right and at the right price. Considering you can have a good notebook with Windows 8 OS on it with way better components, there is really no reason why a tablet with an extra touch screen and a small SSD has to sell for so much. Acer will continue to sell few PCs if they persist of making inferior products and yet want to charge premium price.
Score
May 22, 2013 6:11:43 AM

When you get down to a 8' or under form factor the benefit of a full Windows experience really is moot as that is not the target use for devices that size.
When all your competition is cheaper (that is really saying something when APPLE is cheaper) dont expect to sell diddly squat.
Acer and/or Microsoft are out of their freaking minds if they think people with pay $180 premium for a device like this over a Nexus 7.
Score
May 22, 2013 9:27:10 AM

temash... temash... Temash... TEmash... TEMAsh... TEMASH... TEMASH... TEMASH!!!
Score
May 23, 2013 12:10:06 PM

GabZDK said:
temash... temash... Temash... TEmash... TEMAsh... TEMASH... TEMASH... TEMASH!!!

Yes, yes, yes and yes. OEM's stop with the Intel Atoms, give us Temash.
Score
May 23, 2013 1:28:24 PM

cknobman said:
When you get down to a 8' or under form factor the benefit of a full Windows experience really is moot as that is not the target use for devices that size.
When all your competition is cheaper (that is really saying something when APPLE is cheaper) dont expect to sell diddly squat.
Acer and/or Microsoft are out of their freaking minds if they think people with pay $180 premium for a device like this over a Nexus 7.

Thats why the Gods of hardware created hdmi connectors. And USB3.0 hubs.
The size of the machine determines its portability. The power under the hood and the extras you add determines its flexibility. I have an desktop replacement laptop. Does anyone think that when I'm at my desk I use the touchpad? Or do I plug in a mouse and a keyboard with my dock?

Metro--or whatever you want to call it--is for couch surfing. Which would replace the ipad, or a nexus. docks would make a tablet PC a multiuse device.

People will pay a premium for a device that replaces several. They'll buy all the extras--upgrade their existing peripherals--to have that kind of versatility. Now, they won't pay a premium for this thing, who would want an Atom processor for desktop work???
Score
!