Will there be a price drop for CPUs, GPUs and MOBOs in next 2 months ?

zeMOo

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
I will be buying new PC and I want to know, since there are new CPUs and GPUs scheduled to release this June will there be a price drop on current things. When should I buy a new things ? this month? June ? or July? When will there be a best price to buy ??

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Unless there happens to occur an unforeseen shortage in certain components, prices always continue to drop. Whatever you buy today at retail will be less expensive shortly after you plunk down the cash. I doubt that the 'in-demand' processors & cards will drop much very quickly. Look at how long the venerable i5-2500K held its price.

Kennuh

Honorable
May 10, 2013
There are always prices dropping. Its just supply and demand my friend, but if id guess so, they probably will be due to Haswell and other new things coming out. Also AMD is always slashing their GPU prices so they are cheaper and cheaper.

dan000

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
I think you will probably start to see a price drop for CPUs and GPUs around mid-june, Haswell will be out and the GTX 700 series will have gained more traction and the 600 series will be on its way out.

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
There isn't really a specific date on computer price cuts, it just happens gradually. Even current gen hardware slowly becomes cheaper. I know my i7 2600 started losing value shortly after it's release. Some parts will keep their price better than others, but eventually all computer prices will drop.

GPUs specifically fluctuate in price, CPUs prices generally tend to hold longer. In my personal experience, there is never a "bad" time to buy computer parts, as there will always be better prices and new hardware, but you can't keep waiting forever. I would get the best CPU available (because their functionality/value last longer) first, and get a second-generation GPU after that.