Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1000 gaming PC how will it perform

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 22, 2013 12:53:47 PM

ok this is my first build and i would like to know if this is all compatable and will work good
case-COOLER MASTER HAF 912 Mid Tower Computer Case$60
CPU-Intel Core i5 3570k $224
Motherboard-MSI Z77MA-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 $109
Ram-8 GB G. Skill Sniper Series Ram 1866 Mhz $70
GPU-7970 $379 $359 mail and rebate
Power Supply-Corsair CX 600 $70
western digital green 2tb $99
total on new egg $991

More about : 1000 gaming perform

a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 1:03:11 PM

You could probably shop around and find a better deal, but this looks good. It will all work. Good Luck on your build!
May 22, 2013 3:28:24 PM

mastrom101 said:
You could probably shop around and find a better deal, but this looks good. It will all work. Good Luck on your build!


should i go with a fx 6350 for the 2 extra cores? and what types of games could this play on ultra high with 50+ fps?
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 3:48:52 PM

I would change the power supply,
Haswell the new intel cpu- series will come june 2.

More cores doesnt mean that they are better. I5-3570k ist fine.
May 22, 2013 3:53:00 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
I would change the power supply,
Haswell the new intel cpu- series will come june 2.

More cores doesnt mean that they are better. I5-3570k ist fine.


right now games are transferring or starting to transfer to 6 cores and its a lot cheaper
a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 3:58:18 PM

Well price/performance is good

I would wait for haswell.
May 22, 2013 4:08:59 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
Well price/performance is good

I would wait for haswell.


i dont care much for noise because i have a sound proof headset but thanks for the feedback
a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 4:21:29 PM

jkjk755 said:
mastrom101 said:
You could probably shop around and find a better deal, but this looks good. It will all work. Good Luck on your build!


should i go with a fx 6350 for the 2 extra cores? and what types of games could this play on ultra high with 50+ fps?

No, i5 is better than the FX-63XX for gaming (last I checked)

At 1080P, a 7970 should be able to max almost any game.
May 22, 2013 4:30:43 PM

mastrom101 said:
jkjk755 said:
mastrom101 said:
You could probably shop around and find a better deal, but this looks good. It will all work. Good Luck on your build!


should i go with a fx 6350 for the 2 extra cores? and what types of games could this play on ultra high with 50+ fps?

No, i5 is better than the FX-63XX for gaming (last I checked)

At 1080P, a 7970 should be able to max almost any game.


i will not lie it is better but for the extra hundred dollars its not worth it to me unless the 7950 will bottleneck with the fx 6350 but if so can't i just OC?
May 22, 2013 4:38:33 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
Yes you can, same with the fx 6300...

I would get the msi hd 7950 twin frozer for 310$ , great build quality, cool, quiet, when oced, its faster then a hd 7970/gtx 680, easy to do ...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r7950twinfr...


yes i can what? and im sticking with my gpu
a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 4:44:18 PM

You can overclock,
Which gpu you coose ?
May 22, 2013 5:34:36 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
You can overclock,
Which gpu you coose ?


7970 ghz eddition
a b 4 Gaming
May 22, 2013 7:00:15 PM

I would stick with an i5 to be honest. I can't assure you that an FX-6 won't bottleneck a 7970, and with an i5 you always have the option of adding another card down the road without a severe bottleneck.

If you were looking at a 7870XT or even a 7950, then maybe an FX CPU would be the right choice.
May 23, 2013 4:18:34 PM

mastrom101 said:
I would stick with an i5 to be honest. I can't assure you that an FX-6 won't bottleneck a 7970, and with an i5 you always have the option of adding another card down the road without a severe bottleneck.

If you were looking at a 7870XT or even a 7950, then maybe an FX CPU would be the right choice.


ok but im always going to use a single card and it has 2 extra cores $100 cheaper and i can still oc it
!