Graphics Card Issue That Will Stump You All(hopefully not)

Abensol

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Hello everyone, I will try and break this down. I have a Radeon 7850 2gb, that no longer displays. happened out of the blue. I have tested it on three seperate power supplies (all above 500) and 2 different motherboards. One of which seemed to have died at the same time. No power surges. No unhealthy PSU. I have used a total of FOUR seperate monitors, all ranging from hdmi, dvi, and vga to dvi adapter with it. Nothing.

After finally getting into safe mode through another GPU, I wiped the drivers. After that, whether in safe mode or in normal, it refused to update drivers. I went through AMD, I went through Visiontek, nothing. I assume this is due to the memory of the gpu, and was convinced it was a dud. This morning I try one more time after waiting a week. again, in safe mode, i go in. INSTALLING NEW DRIVERS FOR RADEON 7850. I update via their site, and assume that I am about to get a very fuzzy feeling.

Nothing....still no display. fan spins like always, is finally registered instead of "standard visual graphics adapter" but when it is the main or secondary GPU, it provides no display.

What else can I do? Please help. Been working on this for a month now...My only hope is you.

Abensol

Honorable
May 23, 2013

What part of it might be dead? -abensol