My computer specs:Intel P4 2.66 Ghz, 512MB DDR RAM, Motherboard: Asus P5GL-TMX/S, Windows XP SP3. How can i boost my PC?

jitenbudhiraja

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I just need to fasten it up as much so that it can perform normal activities like youtube and playing hd movies without any lag. Sometimes even browsers gets stuck when i use 3-4 tabs.

Please tell me a way if by adding more RAM or graphics card, it can enhance the experience. I don't wanna spend much on it. This is link to the motherboard's specs:

http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5GLMX/#overview

What can I do with this rig and how much this mobo would support? I can see it has 2 empty slots for RAM. I'm not a techie so can't understand the specs much. Please help.

Fobogo Bohica

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Honestly from those specs and your request. in order for that to play HD it will cost a pretty penny. It would be wiser to just get a new computer. your can find reasonable new computers that can do what you want for 250-400

MegaManKane

Honorable
May 14, 2013
+1 to Fobogo Bohica

Your system is out-dated... you are better off buying yourself a new cheap computer.
You could try upgrading the RAM to 1GB (or higher) this will help you run more tabs in browsers and more programs but I dont think your processor will cope with it.

Sorry bro.