650 TI Boost to run 3 Monitors

kirkzilla

Honorable
May 23, 2013
i was wondering if i got the gtx 650 ti boost super-clocked (in SLI) to run three monitors could i play racing games like forza and dirt 3 on maxed settings and for the monitors i am defiantly going with a 120hz monitor let me know what you think THANKS!

here is the gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910&Tpk=02G-P4-3658-KR%20BOOST&IsVirtualParent=1

i would prefer these cards but i get mixed opinions on what to get
Also should i go with 660 SLI or 660 ti in SLI for better performance?

Solution
Short answer would be no if you are trying to run the game at 5760x1080. You would really need more like GTX 670's in SLI to handle that. You might be able to get away with GTX 660ti's in SLI but that would be the lowest version that I think would work and I am not sure if that would even be enough.
Short answer would be no if you are trying to run the game at 5760x1080. You would really need more like GTX 670's in SLI to handle that. You might be able to get away with GTX 660ti's in SLI but that would be the lowest version that I think would work and I am not sure if that would even be enough.

Solution

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Firstly, Forza isnt on the PC, xbox only.

Secondly, I think you would be better off with 660ti in SLI for 3 monitors.

kirkzilla

Honorable
May 23, 2013

im just talkin like most racing games have you had any experience with 3 monitor setups for racing simulators?

kirkzilla

Honorable
May 23, 2013

what kind of games do you play on your setup at what fps?

kirkzilla

Honorable
May 23, 2013

what would you recommend from amd i dont know their cards very well and i heard they have lots of problems with their drivers

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Unfortunately not. Was just going by usual GPU requirements when using 3 screens.

Its a shame also that Forza is not available on the PC, as it is better than any of the PC driving games IMO. I would love it if a game as good as Forza 4 came out on the PC.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Their cards are good, but in a multi card setup NVidia is better. AMD Crossfire suffers badly with microstuttering, but NVidia have done a better job with SLI.

kirkzilla

Honorable
May 23, 2013

what do you think of this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kirkzilla/saved/1tbR

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Looks good to me, but I would get a higher capacity SSD like a 120gb, 64 gets filled too quickly.
Their cards are good, but in a multi card setup NVidia is better. AMD Crossfire suffers badly with microstuttering, but NVidia have done a better job with SLI.

Well I can say on my two Crossfire rigs I have no microstuttering problems what so ever. I have a FX-8120-Sapphire HD 7950 Crossfire and a FX-8350-Sapphre HD 7970 Crossfire and both of them have no problems handling any game I have just as good as my i5 3570K-Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI rig.

Now that is not to say that there are not problems with Crossfire I just have not had any on my rigs and those two rigs are the only one's I have had in Crossfire and my current i5 rig is the only one I have ever done in SLI.