Pc Crashing and restarting when playing games

Ryan mitchell

Honorable
May 23, 2013
My Pc keep Crashing and restarting when playing games and the temps of my Stuff are Gpu is around 75 when playing games and my cpu is around 60-65 and which my freinds pc are find on but my seems to crash my specs are

PNY Nvida Geforce 560 ti
Intel I5-2310 2 x 2.90GHz
12 GB ram
650w PSU
Windows 7 professional 64-bit OS

I can type more information if Needed

And i have 3 Fans on my pc too

Please Help me i getting no help from anyone and i have seen many good answers on this website before Thanks
Ryan.

This is my gpu btw

https://d1fj4sro0cm5nu.cloudfront.net/market/images/product_images/304.jpg

b0w

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Are your drivers up-to-date? Is your PC behaving strangely otherwise while in Windows? Did you change something in the BIOS, e.g. voltage, overclocking?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
The ms-7758 is also known as MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
Firstly, you may need to address the issue of the GPU being around 75C, it is a bit hot.
Unplug the PC, then clean out all the dust from the video card and the motherboard, check the PSU for dust. Try to keep the PC at least a foot above the floor if the PSU fan is bottom mounted.
Make sure the insides of the PC is not cluttered or is lacking in air flow, you may need to add a photo of the innards for us to see.
Upload the photo to www.tinypic.com then add the IMG tag reference to the detals.

Many Pc magazines have a bonus disk of free software and drivers including Directx, or you can download it -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113
Download it and double-click the exe, it will install itself.

b0w

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I guess we've found the solution. For a power of 650W that PSU is damn cheap, not to say I've never heard of this brand, they don't have a website and there aren't any reviews on the web. One customer on amazon wrote:

"Upon further inspection with a voltmeter i found that not only was this so called 650w PSU not delivering the promised 36 amps, but each rail was delivering a staggering 11 amps each.... for a total of 22amps.
This is incredibly weak for a 650w PSU and is the kind of output i would expect from a good 300w supply."

That's a typical behaviour for a cheap PSU. If that's right - and I strongly believe it is - the PSU would deliver just 264 Watt at the 12V-Rail. Your graphics card and CPU can consume up to 265 Watt together. You can see, your power supply is just too weak. I'd highly recommend you to buy a new one and particularly, a good one. If you don't do it, there's a high possibilty your current PSU will give up its ghost soon if you're lucky. If not, it will take other components with it. You shouldn't play games until you have it replaced, or operate at high capacity otherwise.

A good 450W PSU from a high quality brand like Seasonic or Enermax is more than enough. Or 500W from a good quality brand, like Cooler Master, OCZ, Aerocool etc.