3770K High Temps Only Recently -Overclocked-

Etowdude12joe

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
My 3770K is overclocked at 4.2GHz with a coolermaster hyper 212. The rig has been overclocked since february with no problems but recently the cores have been jumping all over the place causing an idol 40C. The only thing that has happened in the past few days is that my computer randomly shut off(not heat related) when playing a game and the temperatures outside have gone up 20 degrees. Is there any fix to this? Please Help!!

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
A 20 degree increase in ambient temps is pretty substantial. Are you talking about 20 degrees outside or inside? If inside, then that would help to explain an increase in idle temps.

Or your thermal paste may need replacing, or your heatsink got loose, or ... well the list goes on.

What do you mean when you say the cores are jumping all over the place?

Etowdude12joe

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

20 degrees outside and about 10 degrees inside and barely any air movement. The cores normally will be pretty steady but core 1 is at a steady 15-25% (40C) and core 2 is at 0% and at the same temp as core 1. Every other core is at 0%. Right now my temps went back down to normal but only in cores 3-8 (25-31C). I havent been touching my computer so I know the heatsink is fine and I highly doubt its the thermal paste because this was built in the end of december. Thanks for the speedy reply!