ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior (RC-430-KWN1)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk - IHAS124-04 Version C (Black)

This is my computer build for my gaming rig. I want to add a sentry 2 fan controller the a 5.25 Bay Drive. I believe my motherboard can have 3 pands based on the amount of connectors to the fans, but, with this Sentry 2 from NZXT can I add a 4th fan? Does the Sentry 2 disperse power to each fan? I assume it does because the fans will have to be connected to the Sentry 2 for control. Also, I have the Red LED sickle flo 120mm fans, will those work with the Sentry 2?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992005

Above link is to the Sentry 2 on newegg. ANY HELP is appreciated! I just want to see if I can run 4 fans on this Sentry 2 with my current build and was interested in any info about it.

you dont need a fan controller. they are pretty much gimmicks. the number of fans that are included with the case or in your situation, 3 is more than enough to cool the hardware you have inside. adding a 4th fan is practically useless

if you really want that extra for no odd reason, just grab a 3 pin splitter cable

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Oh I want 4 for the red led and an extra fan for exaust cant hurt. I like the Sentry LX temp alarm and just the option of having a fan controller. I know I do not NEED it, I simply would like to have it. PC hardware is becoming a hobby for me lol. THough I am very new, I like it so far :)

I just want to know if I can run the Sentry 5.25 Bay Drive touchscreen fan controller (with clock and calendar lol) with 4 fans?

the temp alarm is a gimmick and the biggest joke you can slap onto your pc. it will never tell you whether your CPU is burning up or your GPU. go buy a heatsink instead nor will it control the sound output of your fans unless they were 2000rpm models

and since you are very new, that is the best reason not to get a fan controller. a smart way to spend your money is to get a proper heatsink

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Lol I can see you will simply continue to attempt to run me down about this. Sorry you feel it is wasteful, I thought it would be cool and appealing visually. If anyone can help me out with what I requested please feel free. But I do not need someone ragging on what I asked several times now. I understand, once again, the I do NOT need it. I simply wanted a drive bay (5.25) LCD display with a clock and/or calendar. Do you need a reason why? They are fairly cheap for fan controllers, I wanted this for ME not you.

If anyone knows a 5.25 drive bay LCD screen clock / calendar type of hardware please let me know. If not no need to state why I do not need it. I never said I did NEED it, I said I wanted it.

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Very cool that is as close to what I acctually wanted than anything I have found myself. Wish it did not need programming but, I will do my best to get a clockand calendar on it. Thank you for that :)