Sign in with
Your question

Has AMD fixed Hd7950 Latency Issues?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 24, 2013 7:08:20 AM

Hi, I've been reading articles on techreport regarding the 7950 & their stuttery/jumpy performance & latency problems. Have they released new drivers that have fixed the problem.. ?

I'm tossing up between buying a 660ti or 7950.
So far, it seems like the 660ti has smoother performance.

Thanks in advance (:
May 24, 2013 7:23:55 AM

Well being an owner of a 7950, i gotta say...
What latency issues?? O.o

And I must also add that if you can grab a 660ti for $225 or less ghen go for it. If not then dont waste your money. Its a crappy card for its price.
Related resources
May 24, 2013 7:27:45 AM

caydn12 said:
Well being an owner of a 7950, i gotta say...
What latency issues?? O.o

And I must also add that if you can grab a 660ti for $225 or less ghen go for it. If not then dont waste your money. Its a crappy card for its price.

Here's the article I'm referring to http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-ge...
May 24, 2013 7:35:39 AM

That article is a little outdated.
The 7950 is massively faster than the 660ti, i can promise you that. My friend has a 660ti and my 7950 wrecks his all day long.
July 24, 2013 7:10:38 AM

I have to say no!!. I recently bought a 7950 and the latency issues are still there Frames feel choppy. AMD is no where near as smooth as nvidia!. Don't think they ever will be.
July 24, 2013 8:17:09 AM

Guy Parris said:
I have to say no!!. I recently bought a 7950 and the latency issues are still there Frames feel choppy. AMD is no where near as smooth as nvidia!. Don't think they ever will be.

You must have gotten a bad card because that has not been my experience with any of my 3 AMD cards.
July 24, 2013 9:23:58 AM

byogamingpc said:
Guy Parris said:

You must have gotten a bad card because that has not been my experience with any of my 3 AMD cards.

It say's you have a 760?. I owned a gigabyte 7950 and moved to nvidia because of the choppy frames and i listened to people like you saying that things are better with AMD and have no problems. I can a sure you that the frames are still choppy and nvidia is smoother. So i'm going back to nvidia.
July 24, 2013 9:53:15 AM

Guy Parris said:
byogamingpc said:
Guy Parris said:

It say's you have a 760?. I owned a gigabyte 7950 and moved to nvidia because of the choppy frames and i listened to people like you saying that things are better with AMD and have no problems. I can a sure you that the frames are still choppy and nvidia is smoother. So i'm going back to nvidia.

I do now but I've had 2 Sapphire HD 7950's which I rode pretty hard which is why I sold them.
July 24, 2013 9:56:11 AM

byogamingpc said:
Guy Parris said:
byogamingpc said:
Guy Parris said:

I do now but I've had 2 Sapphire HD 7950's which I rode pretty hard which is why I sold them.

if you were to choose between a gigabyte 760 2gb or a gigabyte 7950 3b what would you choose? you have to see that nvidia is smoother man once that adaptive vsync is enabled its silky smooth.
July 24, 2013 10:06:18 AM

To be honest, my GTX 760 was bad when I got it yesterday so I'm still waiting for a new one and haven't been able to use it. I will say that I've not had any problems with my HD 7950. Fanboyism is silly, I'm a fan of whatever provides the best performance for the cost which is the only reason I went with a GTX 760 and I also went down to one monitor so 2GB VRAM is enough.
July 24, 2013 10:09:33 AM

byogamingpc said:
To be honest, my GTX 760 was bad when I got it yesterday so I'm still waiting for a new one and haven't been able to use it. I will say that I've not had any problems with my HD 7950. Fanboyism is silly, I'm a fan of whatever provides the best performance for the cost which is the only reason I went with a GTX 760 and I also went down to one monitor so 2GB VRAM is enough.

yeah that is the only issue I have with the 760 right now is that 2gb vram is stupid they need to realize that games are going to be using more than 2gb in the next year. some games are already coming really close to that 2gb. I know you can overclock the 7950 to beat the 760 and it comes close to the 770 but i'm still not sure i loved nvidia smoothness and drivers!. I just sent back a 7950 for a full refund because it was disconnecting constantly so right now i have £260 i can get a 2gb 760 with splinter cell for £225 or i can get a gigabyte 7950 with 3 games for £244. I cannot be assed waiting on brands to bring out a 760 4gb version it's taking them ages!
!