Completely New Gaming Rig Help

Nic Kibler-1326039

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Hey! I stumbled across this community today and saw how helpful they can be so I've decided to utilize that helpfulness. I'm in the market for a completely new Desktop PC. So, shall we get started?

Approximate Purchase Date: I start a job this Summer, so won't be for awhile. (next 3-4 months)

Budget Range: I want to say 1800 with shipping... But that may be pushing it.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, recording game footage, video editing/rendering, uploading

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Everything, building from scratch

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (preferably Windows 8)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg is usually where I get things.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU and AMD graphics if possible

Overclocking: Maybe, not too keen on this concept.

SLI or Crossfire: Also not keen on this concept, so maybe.

Your Monitor Resolution: 2 monitors at 1080p.

Additional Comments: I would like to keep this relatively accessible. What I mean by that is if I need to upgrade to a better (insert outdated part here), I'd like to do that with relative ease. It would be awesome if it is quiet and maybe even liquid cooled since I'll be doing a lot of rendering and recording which I assume causes a lot of reading and writing to the HDD/SSD.

I am willing to go with the Radeon 7970 Ghz Edition which can be found here:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7970ghz/Pages/radeon-7970GHz.aspx#2
I would also like to have a Sandy Bridge Intel i7 Quad Core for the intense rendering:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115229
And a fairly decent but cheap an effective Motherboard with the LGA 1155 chipset, some found here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?N=100007627%20600093976&IsNodeId=1&Submit=ENE

Why Are You Upgrading: My current build, a laptop (XPS M1530) has a lot of issues that won't let it charge even with a brand new battery, it's ethernet port is faulty, it's space bar needs repaired. It's just a nightmare and it's slowly dying, I'm a commentator on Youtube and though my knowledge of computer tech is rather large compared to some people, I submit to help so I can learn and I don't have to come here the next time I upgrade. Haha. I want a desktop build that will last me a few years in terms of PC gaming. Thank you for your help and I'll check back here regularly! :D

Nic Kibler-1326039

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Also, I'll be playing Minecraft with a lot of modifications installed, including shaders and whatnot. Aside from that, I play a lot of emulator games (mostly PS1 and PS2). And for commercial PC games, I use Steam to play Saints Row 3 and 4 (when it's released) along with other high end games like Skyrim and Crysis 3.

RenzoGuzi

Honorable
May 3, 2013
That cpu is a socket 2011 cpu. And their mobos are pretty darn expensive. And you could wait until you have the money because in 3-4 months, haswell will be out and new gpus will be out as well. But if you still want a build let us know.

g-unit1111

Titan

Plus the 3820 can't really be overclocked as it has a limited multiplier. The i7-3770K (or i7-4770K) would be a much wiser investment.

RenzoGuzi

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Yep. Its an even wiser "investment" to wait for haswell and the next gen gpus. ;)

g-unit1111

Titan

The i7-4770K is the Haswell CPU. As for next gen GPUs - some sources say next week, others say October. We've already seen preliminary reviews of the GTX 780 trickle out but it's based on the same GK110 processor as the Titan is, so it's really just a less expensive Titan.

RenzoGuzi

Honorable
May 3, 2013

October? Damn thats a long way from now...

g-unit1111

Titan

The 780 is essentially a rebranded Titan, but the 770, 760, 750 and so on are going to use different GK processors and those I've heard are what is causing the delays. But just like this generation, the ultra high end models will be released first, with the mid range and lower end models slowly trickling out.