Ram Memory DDR3 (Compatability)

Hi there, I'm trying to choose some RAM for my PC, it's got to be 1866mhz so it works well with the AMD A10 5800k processor. I've found some, it's fairly cheap and is 2x4gb so It'll be dual channel. Just wanted your opinions, is this good RAM?
Kingston HyperX series 8GB DDR3 1866mhz

Also will I be compatable with this mobo?
Gigabyte Motherboard

Help appreciated :)
7 answers Last reply
More about ram memory ddr3 compatability
  1. Hello,

Yes, it is a good ram with a great speed and it will work with your motherboard. And yes, with two identical modules such as the ones which you have mentioned the dual channel will come into play. There is no need for me elaborate about Kingston as you know they are one of the top brands.

If you need memory which are quite low priced than the above memory then try the following link:
    Memory for Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-D3H Motherboard

Good luck with the upgrade. :)
  2. Legohouse said:
    Hello,

Yes, it is a good ram with a great speed and it will work with your motherboard. And yes, with two identical modules such as the ones which you have mentioned the dual channel will come into play. There is no need for me elaborate about Kingston as you know they are one of the top brands.

If you need memory which are quite low priced than the above memory then try the following link:

Thanks for your help :) Much appreciated.
  3. Legohouse said:
    Hello,

What about this mobo? with the same ram, all compatiable?
    Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H Motherboard (AMD A-Series/Athlon-Series Processors, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz, PCI-E 2.0, AMD Radeon HD 7000-Series Graphics)
  4. DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    Hello,

Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H Motherboard (AMD A-Series/Athlon-Series Processors, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz, PCI-E 2.0, AMD Radeon HD 7000-Series Graphics)

Hello there!! :hello:

Yes, both the motherboards have similar features and they vary a little but when it comes to memory they both take the same type of memory and the memory specifications are identical. So yes, the above memory will work in this motherboard without a doubt. :benetton:

If you need any more info about the memory, let me know. Good luck with the upgrade. Cheers
  5. Legohouse said:
    DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    Hello,

Yes, both the motherboards have similar features and they vary a little but when it comes to memory they both take the same type of memory and the memory specifications are identical. So yes, the above memory will work in this motherboard without a doubt. :benetton:

If you need any more info about the memory, let me know. Good luck with the upgrade. Cheers

Sweet thanks, since you have good knowledge about this stuff. My friend has the MSI H77MA-G43 Motherboard, and Corsair Vengange 1600mhz RAM 2x4GB. However it says to support DDR3 1600 MHz, you must install an Intel 22nm CPU. So currently it's only recognising the RAM as 1333mhz. What is the a intel 22nm CPU?
  6. DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    Hello,

Sweet thanks, since you have good knowledge about this stuff. My friend has the MSI H77MA-G43 Motherboard, and Corsair Vengange 1600mhz RAM 2x4GB. However it says to support DDR3 1600 MHz, you must install an Intel 22nm CPU. So currently it's only recognising the RAM as 1333mhz. What is the a intel 22nm CPU?

Welcome back!! :welcome:

Alright, the answer is quite simple. If you look at the memory specification of the MSI H77MA-G43 Motherboard you can find the answer to your question. Click here for the specification of the motherboard!!

Check the "Main memory" under the detailed specifications. The specs says that the mobo supports a memory speed upto 1333MHz using "2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors or 32nm Processors, codenamed: Sandy Bridge" and for speeds upto 1600MHz and beyond you need to have a "22nm processors, codenamed: Ivy Bridge or 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors"

I suppose your friend has a 32nm processor which might be a 2nd Generation Intel Core i7, i5, i3 or celeron processors and it supports only upto 1333MHz and that is the reason why it is telling you to install a 22nm processor in other words a 3rd Generation - Intel Core i7, i5, i3 or Celeron processors. For more info about the 22nm processors or Ivy-Bridge processors please click here - Ivy Bridge (22nm Processors)

Supported CPU list:

Click here for CPU Support!!

Hope I have answered your questions. :clin:
  7. Legohouse said:
    DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    DarkLightFX said:
    Legohouse said:
    Hello,

Welcome back!! :welcome:

Alright, the answer is quite simple. If you look at the memory specification of the MSI H77MA-G43 Motherboard you can find the answer to your question. Click here for the specification of the motherboard!!

Check the "Main memory" under the detailed specifications. The specs says that the mobo supports a memory speed upto 1333MHz using "2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors or 32nm Processors, codenamed: Sandy Bridge" and for speeds upto 1600MHz and beyond you need to have a "22nm processors, codenamed: Ivy Bridge or 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors"

I suppose your friend has a 32nm processor which might be a 2nd Generation Intel Core i7, i5, i3 or celeron processors and it supports only upto 1333MHz and that is the reason why it is telling you to install a 22nm processor in other words a 3rd Generation - Intel Core i7, i5, i3 or Celeron processors. For more info about the 22nm processors or Ivy-Bridge processors please click here - Ivy Bridge (22nm Processors)

Supported CPU list:

Click here for CPU Support!!

Hope I have answered your questions. :clin:

Ahh I see, He has got a i5 Second gen processor that'd by why :) thaaankksss
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR3 RAM ivy-bridge-processors MSI H77MA-G43 Motherboard Memory f2a85xm-d3h-motherboard ga-f2a85x-d3h-motherboard