Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1 ~ No post, Error Code 15, 51, 53 ~ Help!

jonenderz

Honorable
May 25, 2013
- Specs -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
Heatsink: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK
Thermal Grease: Artic Silver 5
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)
GPU: HD Radeon 5870 2GB
OS HD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128gb
PSU: SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt
Optical Drive: Generic DVD Burner
Case: CM Storm Scout 2

- Problems -
Not posting into Bios. Error Code 15, 51 and 53.
15 is north bridge initialization. 51 & 53 is memory initialization.

- Trouble Shooting -
Originally i had installed everything and prompt it to post.
I then went bare minimum with just the cpu, heatsink and ram outside the case. I tried 1&2, 3&4 and individual ram configurations. Still would not post.
Everything i tried posted the same error codes.

Fortunately my cousin was nice enough to let me take apart his system and concluded that the corsair ram is working and his ram would not post in my motherboard. Also his i5 2600 cpu would not post in my motherboard nor would my i7 3770k would post in his. Lastly we tried swapping psu and that didnt work.

- Conclusion -
Motherboard should be RMA and also the CPU?
I keep telling myself the cpu should be ok but because it didnt post in my cousins system, it is defective.

Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
~ John

jonenderz

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Update ~

Sending the board back to Amazon.
Shouldve gone Asus, but the extra for things i dont need blows. D;
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-P8Z77-V-PRO-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B007G51UV0

Regards to the cpu, Private seller on amazon directs me to intel site for replacement. :(
This is where i shouldve spent the extra cost to purchase from amazon and what blows my mind even more is Microcenter has a sale on them! *digs a grave* X.X

My plan, get refund on the mobo. Go to MC and buy the same board. Install with cpu. If bad, take it to MC with parts and get there diagnosis.

I really hope the cpu isnt bad. Its a rare occurrence but im one to have that type of luck...

jonenderz

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Update ~

Amazon RMA service is top notch. Got the funds to purchase the same board at Micro Center and also had their tech support test the board to be sure it works.

Im now up and running :) So glad the cpu is good haha ~ time to update.

The board is Rev 1.1 with F18 Bios

Thoughts ~
If i were to build again I think id go with MC for major parts. Their pricing is competitive and the people there are knowledgeable. Main reason is they have stock, if you purchase something bad, just go in and exchange for a working one. Their Tech service is also a plus for diagnosing any problems.
I feel if you purchase on amazon, make sure you purchase from amazon so you get their return policy. If you want to risk it by going with a private seller, by all means. :)