Sign in with
Your question

Sony Vaio with Windows 8. WiFi connected but internet is not working

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 25, 2013 9:05:29 AM

I have Sony Vaio with Windows 8. WiFi is connected with full signal, but the internet will not work. On another laptop the internet is working perfect with the same WiFi network.
I tried also with a mobile internet device. It's connected but again the internet is not working.
Do you have any solution?
Thank you.
May 26, 2013 8:06:07 PM

Quote:
I tried also with a mobile internet device. It's connected but again the internet is not working.
Sounds like a ISP activation issue. What ISP do you have?
May 27, 2013 2:23:30 AM

geekykido said:
Quote:

The computer came with a proxy setting that I was not aware of. Thank you, I just solved it :) 
Related resources
May 27, 2013 3:01:35 PM

mariustinis said:
geekykido said:
Quote:

The computer came with a proxy setting that I was not aware of. Thank you, I just solved it :) 

Glad to know you found your solution. It would be best if you marked this as SOLVED...
July 24, 2013 5:11:21 AM

geekykido said:
mariustinis said:
geekykido said:
Quote:

Glad to know you found your solution. It would be best if you marked this as SOLVED...

Hey how did you solve the problem i have the same problem and cannot get to solve it
August 9, 2013 1:20:19 AM

mariustinis said:
geekykido said:
Quote:

my girlfriend just got the same computer and is having the same problem. what was the setting you mentioned, please?
December 7, 2013 3:19:11 PM

Please post the steps you solved it. I have this problem too....can't connect through the wireless networks after windows update....(windows 8)
March 30, 2014 9:43:25 AM

What was the exact solution related to a proxy setting?
!