Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

I cannot log into Facebook without disabling HotSpot Shield

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Facebook
Last response: in General Connectivity
May 25, 2013 9:51:53 AM

I keep getting Facebook telling me to confirm my identity when using the same computer I have for years. I use the Hotspot Shield so it thinks I have changed locations and then it asks me to identify random pictures of a few of my 600+ friends. Most of the time they use pics that are scans of pictures from years before I ever knew them, or pictures that are of their family members who I do not have in my friends list. Is there any way around this besides temporarily disabling the Shield? Where I am logging in is none of Facebook's business and also I have noticed a huge drop in SPAM since I started using HotSpot.

More about : log facebook disabling hotspot shield

June 9, 2013 1:14:14 PM

If I remember correctly, hotspot shield uses a known list of proxies so facebook makes you reidentify yourself because it thinks you're either a hacker or you're at a new location (hence the different proxies)
June 9, 2013 2:11:22 PM

Cyanide Reverse said:
If I remember correctly, hotspot shield uses a known list of proxies so facebook makes you reidentify yourself because it thinks you're either a hacker or you're at a new location (hence the different proxies)

Where I am logging in is none of Facebook's business and also I have noticed a huge drop in SPAM since I started using HotSpot. I ise HotSpot shield precisely because I do not want Facebook's advertisers to follow me around the net.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 10, 2013 9:08:02 AM

Qivis said:
Cyanide Reverse said:

Where I am logging in is none of Facebook's business and also I have noticed a huge drop in SPAM since I started using HotSpot. I ise HotSpot shield precisely because I do not want Facebook's advertisers to follow me around the net.

It does that because it's suspicious that you're switching IP addresses a lot. I don't think you could do anything about it.
June 12, 2013 11:57:42 PM

That's tough stuff. Proxies shoot you all over the world, Facebook thinks you're hacking your own account. There's really no way around this other than using something else. Or maybe try using one single proxy forever, which is highly unlikely because proxies go in and out randomly.

Good luck.