Gaming Build Budget $1300

Michelle Golden

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have never built a computer, so I am in desperate need of help.

Approximate Purchase Date: July 1st

Budget Range: $1300 before shipping and monitor

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies/Videos (Mostly play the sims 3, with all expansion and stuff packs, and Guild Wars 2 atm) Do a lot of Skyping too if that matters.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Not reusing anything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: Whatever is geared towards gaming

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Purchasing one, not sure what's best at a reasonable price.

Additional Comments: I will need to put windows on this, I play sims 3 and Guild Wars 2, but will probably add another game or two within the next year...will have the same specs as the sims and gw2 though. I will buy a monitor, but am open to suggestions for those and haven't decided on a price I want to spend.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I've always bought computers off the shelf and I've no clue how to switch things out on them. I have a friend who will assemble at the end of July when they come back from the army, but I need to pick everything out to have here by then and I really have no clue what I all need to get to put together a system that works and will support my games. So basically I'm asking you to choose a computer build for me.....Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really have no clue what I'm doing here. :(

g-unit1111

Titan

I actually agree with this, you don't really need to spend that much on a PC if you're only going to be playing MMOs and strategy games. Maybe try something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($128.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($248.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $907.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-25 14:26 EDT-0400)

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah this time of year definitely isn't the time to be asking for recommendations.