Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP media center

Last response: in Windows XP
May 25, 2013 10:56:40 AM

media center crashed, how do I fix it

More about : windows media center

May 25, 2013 11:59:29 PM

What happened when you tried to restart it? What was it doing when it crashed and have you added any new hardware or new programmes to it recently?
May 26, 2013 3:02:49 AM

Saga Lout said:
What happened when you tried to restart it? What was it doing when it crashed and have you added any new hardware or new programmes to it recently?

Related resources
May 26, 2013 3:05:18 AM

I think I must have gotten a virus because I lost the Media Center and microsoft works. When I click on the media center link it immediately starts to run and then says that it is showing a crash report. Then it shuts down. I cannot even access microsoft works. And I cannot search from the "start" key to access the Task Manager. Actually I cannot access the task manager at all.
May 26, 2013 3:11:06 AM

Actually I cannot access the task manager at all.

Not even by pressing Control Shift and Escape at the same time?
May 26, 2013 3:13:09 AM

no, that doesn't work either.
May 26, 2013 3:15:30 AM

Do you have a Windows XP MCE CD or any other form of recovery options showing when you first boot up?

May 26, 2013 3:25:48 AM

when my machine starts up now it highlights the system recovery instead of Windows XP media center. I found that peculiar since this never happened before. I ran a registry cleaner and that made things even worse. I couldn't access anything. So I went back to a better configuration and at least I can use the computer.
May 26, 2013 3:27:06 AM

No, I don't have any CDs. These programs were already installed when I purchased the computer. It's an hp pavilion.
May 26, 2013 6:31:24 AM

Some Registry cleaners have that effect. Now you can get back in, try System Restore or is that what you meant by going back to a better configuration?
May 26, 2013 6:55:37 AM

Media centers is actually working this a.m. I went into device manager and disabled an "unknown" and that worked for the media center.
!