World book Hard drive reecovery

Art Perrin

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have a Worldbook 1 tb that the blue light stopped working. I tried all the other fixes on the net and have now removed the hard drive and used the sata drive to connect it to my windows 7 computer. The hard drive is a model number WD 10 EAVS. When I booted the system it shows up everywhere in windows seven except for under my computer. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling, I don't want to lose the data on the hard drive so reformating is out of the question. What part am I missing here, any help will be appreciated.

Art

Art Perrin

Honorable
May 25, 2013

I tried this and Linux see's the drive but when I click on it it say's it can't open it. I have installed the drive in a sata to usb enclosure now. When I try using window's to assign a drive letter it won't allow me to do that. The linux program does seem to be able to read an image of the drive so I will at least back up the image. Kind of stumped here seems like the drive is working ok I just can't access it.

Art Perrin

Honorable
May 25, 2013

Tracy,

I tried this and it will not let me assign a drive letter to the drive. I also have tried the Linux tools and it also see's the drive but can't access it.

Art

Art Perrin

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I got it hooked it up to my Mac and ran recuva software it is recovering all lost file's right now, phew that was close I will be running too back up hard drives from now on out.

Art