PC Reboots on Games/No BSOD

Truesday

Honorable
May 25, 2013
A little over a month ago, the PC started rebooting itself during some games. It started with Hitman Absolution. The crashing occurred intermittently. I could play it for 5 minutes and it'll crash, or I can go a whole hour+ session without issues. Games like Binary Domain didn't crash at all in the whole 10 hours I've put into it. Tropico 4 gives me crashes intermittently as well now. Alan Wake also crashes quite regularly. Star Craft 2 however would run fine (for the most part). Keep in mind, I run these games at 1080 fairly maxed out.

For what it's worth, it does everything else just fine. It's only games that crashes the PC. Games I could previously play without a problem (Ie: Devil May Cry) would crash upon loading up the game.

Relevant Specs:
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
CPU: Intel i5 3550
RAM: 8gb G-Skill Ripjaws
GPU: MSI GTX670
PSU: OCZ 600w Modxstream

I've updated BIOS and all the relevant drivers I can think of. BIOS voltage readings are as follows (all stable):
Vcore: 1.032V
12.00V: +12.249V
5.00V: +5.088V
3.30V: +3.376

I've turned off windows auto restart and still no BSOD shows on crash. The Bluescreenviewer doesn't give me any reports. I've run HWmonitor and temps on all components don't go above 50*C. Also the voltages seem within spec. Upon looking at eventviewer, the critical error shows "Source: Kernel Power, Event ID: 41, Task Cat: (63)" I also ran OCCT PSU stress test and the PC crashes exactly the same way as if it were in a game after a few seconds. (the CPU and GPU tests seem to run just fine).

I'm thinking I have a busted PSU but want to confirm before shelling out for a new unit only to find it was something else. Does r/techsupport have any additional advice or steps to take to try to find a fix? Do you guys have recommendations for a replacement PSU?

Truesday

Honorable
May 25, 2013

The PSU is just a tad over a year old and had heavy use. I replaced it with a Corsair TX650V2 and the reboots stopped. My guess was the PSU power output degraded for w/e reason.

SOLVED.