Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please check if this processor is good for the following GPU

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 25, 2013 7:17:34 PM

I want to use a AMD A4-5300 CPU with a Amd radeon 7850 2gb. I am trying to save some dough if you were going to ask. Thanks!
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 7:40:00 PM

If you can afford to upgrade. A dual core CPU with low per core performance will not help with gaming.
May 25, 2013 7:54:02 PM

montosaurous said:
If you can afford to upgrade. A dual core CPU with low per core performance will not help with gaming.


Ok, what about a AMD A6-5400k?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 8:01:38 PM

If you can afford the extra $25 over the A6-5400k get the Phenom II 965 BE. Of course it's motherboard will be more expensive but it will be worth it. Or if you want to stick in that price range a Pentium G2120 would be better. Both are dual cores but the Pentium G 2120's per core performance is much higher.
May 25, 2013 8:23:57 PM

why not get a fx-4130 with bundle mobo
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 8:28:14 PM

At microcenter? Yes that is what I did, and it cost me $150. If you live near a microcenter do that.
May 25, 2013 8:36:44 PM

Fallensegal said:
why not get a fx-4130 with bundle mobo


montosaurous said:
At microcenter? Yes that is what I did, and it cost me $150. If you live near a microcenter do that.

Oh, didn't know there was a bundle like that.
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 8:40:20 PM

Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.
May 25, 2013 8:51:46 PM

montosaurous said:
Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.


The reason why I wanted the trinity proccesor is because of the combo deal on newegg. I didn't know that there was one for the phenom CPU's. THANKS!!
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2013 9:00:06 PM

lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.


The reason why I wanted the trinity proccesor is because of the combo deal on newegg. I didn't know that there was one for the phenom CPU's. THANKS!!


Oh, I must have confused you. Sorry. You get $40 off compatible motherboards when purchased with certain CPUs at Microcenter, not newegg. And I didn't know Trinity had a combo deal on newegg.
May 25, 2013 9:07:27 PM

montosaurous said:
lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.


The reason why I wanted the trinity proccesor is because of the combo deal on newegg. I didn't know that there was one for the phenom CPU's. THANKS!!


Oh, I must have confused you. Sorry. You get $40 off compatible motherboards when purchased with certain CPUs at Microcenter, not newegg. And I didn't know Trinity had a combo deal on newegg.

Yeah they do have a combo deal but not as good as microcenter's deals. I'm just going to spend a few more bucks and get the Phenom and a 60-80 dollar motherboard.
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2013 7:28:32 AM

lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.


The reason why I wanted the trinity proccesor is because of the combo deal on newegg. I didn't know that there was one for the phenom CPU's. THANKS!!


Oh, I must have confused you. Sorry. You get $40 off compatible motherboards when purchased with certain CPUs at Microcenter, not newegg. And I didn't know Trinity had a combo deal on newegg.

Yeah they do have a combo deal but not as good as microcenter's deals. I'm just going to spend a few more bucks and get the Phenom and a 60-80 dollar motherboard.


That sounds like a really good idea.
May 26, 2013 7:33:40 AM

montosaurous said:
lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
lethalmaster117 said:
montosaurous said:
Yeah you get $40 off if you buy a certain CPU with a compatible motherboard. A Phenom II 965 BE and 970 board would fit you well.


The reason why I wanted the trinity proccesor is because of the combo deal on newegg. I didn't know that there was one for the phenom CPU's. THANKS!!


Oh, I must have confused you. Sorry. You get $40 off compatible motherboards when purchased with certain CPUs at Microcenter, not newegg. And I didn't know Trinity had a combo deal on newegg.

Yeah they do have a combo deal but not as good as microcenter's deals. I'm just going to spend a few more bucks and get the Phenom and a 60-80 dollar motherboard.


That sounds like a really good idea.


Never thought phenom had that much oomph... guess i was wrong
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2013 11:29:50 AM

It is a high end CPU from 2009, but it still packs a punch and is without a doubt the best CPU under $100.
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 6:42:57 AM

For that GPU get nothing less than an Intel Core i3 3220 anything less than that will bottleneck this GPU.
May 27, 2013 7:04:21 AM

I don't get you people.

Why would you spend extra money when you got a perfectly good cpu.

It has 4 cores with 3.3 Ghz and enough IPC so it won't bottleneck

its a great cpu under 100
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 8:50:28 AM

The only GPU a Phenom II 965 BE might bottleneck is a Radeon 7970 GHz edition. Other than that it's pretty safe.
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2013 7:56:42 AM

Fallensegal said:
I don't get you people.

Why would you spend extra money when you got a perfectly good cpu.

It has 4 cores with 3.3 Ghz and enough IPC so it won't bottleneck

its a great cpu under 100


Please buddy get your facts right
The AMD A4 has 2 cores and that too pretty weak almost half the power of an intel i3 3220 which is comparable with an old Core2Duo E6600 processor and i am 100% sure that it will bottleneck this processor.

Please take my advice do not go for anything less than an intel i3 3220 for that GPU
May 29, 2013 8:07:04 AM

Sangeet Khatri said:
Fallensegal said:
I don't get you people.

Why would you spend extra money when you got a perfectly good cpu.

It has 4 cores with 3.3 Ghz and enough IPC so it won't bottleneck

its a great cpu under 100


Please buddy get your facts right
The AMD A4 has 2 cores and that too pretty weak almost half the power of an intel i3 3220 which is comparable with an old Core2Duo E6600 processor and i am 100% sure that it will bottleneck this processor.

Please take my advice do not go for anything less than an intel i3 3220 for that GPU


Im talking about the Phenom :D 

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2013 11:34:30 AM

Fallensegal said:
Sangeet Khatri said:
Fallensegal said:
I don't get you people.

Why would you spend extra money when you got a perfectly good cpu.

It has 4 cores with 3.3 Ghz and enough IPC so it won't bottleneck

its a great cpu under 100


Please buddy get your facts right
The AMD A4 has 2 cores and that too pretty weak almost half the power of an intel i3 3220 which is comparable with an old Core2Duo E6600 processor and i am 100% sure that it will bottleneck this processor.

Please take my advice do not go for anything less than an intel i3 3220 for that GPU


Im talking about the Phenom :D 



Oops!! I am really sorry brother, I got it wrong.
Please take one tip from me when talking about processors in the forums please specify that what processor are you talking about as many recommendations are done in a single thread so it can be confusing for the end reader.

Anyways for the phenom, i don't think that would be good because of the more power and heat for performance worse than the i3 3220. Not such a good thing according to me.
But yeah everyone has thier own opinion.

And also clock speed and no. of cores are just a number what matters most is the real life performance and that is where the i3 3220 excels. I really love this chip.

Regards
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2013 1:23:53 PM

The i3 3220 is better on power efficiency and per core performance, but the Phenom II 965 BE is still better at gaming. The FX 6300 and above is the better option, as it has slightly higher per core performance and much better multithreaded performance than any Phenom II chip but for $95 you can't go wrong with the 965 BE.
!