Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Final comments/opinions on my first build before I buy?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Build
Last response: in Components
May 26, 2013 10:10:39 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Xodom/saved/1CLe There's the parts list, any thoughts guys? All good? Also, what case should I get? Also, I'm gonna sell my power supply to a friend so which should I get to replace it? I don't think I'll need more than 650 W right..?

More about : final comments opinions build buy

May 26, 2013 10:44:12 AM

Xodom said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Xodom/saved/1CLe There's the parts list, any thoughts guys? All good? Also, what case should I get? Also, I'm gonna sell my power supply to a friend so which should I get to replace it? I don't think I'll need more than 650 W right..?


Get a better PSU, TT isn't that good. 650w is more than enough if you are not doing major major Overclocking and have SLI.
May 26, 2013 11:36:52 AM

Alright sounds good and can you recommend a good ATX mid tower/case?
Related resources
May 26, 2013 11:37:55 AM

Xodom said:
Alright sounds good and can you recommend a good ATX mid tower/case?


Look up Corsair mid towers, they are quite spacey and have rubber grommets for good cable management.
May 26, 2013 1:04:09 PM

Can you suggest one that has good cooling?
May 26, 2013 2:48:54 PM

Xodom said:
Can you suggest one that has good cooling?


Corsair 600T, 650D or any of the Vengeance or Carbide series will be good.
May 26, 2013 3:45:50 PM

Corsair 600T, 650D or any of the Vengeance or Carbide series will be good.
[/quotemsg]

Thanks! Also someone mentioned something to me about waiting for Haswell, do you know anything about that?
May 26, 2013 5:15:22 PM

Xodom said:
Corsair 600T, 650D or any of the Vengeance or Carbide series will be good.


Thanks! Also someone mentioned something to me about waiting for Haswell, do you know anything about that?[/quotemsg]

Haswell is due to be released in a week or two, the price for the i7 4770k (the new generation of the 3770k) will be the same basically. The motherboard however may cost a bit more but I personally cancelled my parts and will be waiting for the release to see if I will be buying a Haswell or if the 3rd generations will be cheaper.
May 26, 2013 7:57:01 PM

but it's gonna be VERY expensive won't it? Because I still have my budget and if price is too high it'll probably take a few months for it to drop, do you know anything about the starting price?
May 26, 2013 8:16:34 PM

Xodom said:
but it's gonna be VERY expensive won't it? Because I still have my budget and if price is too high it'll probably take a few months for it to drop, do you know anything about the starting price?


i7 4770k will be around 330 dollars which is what the 3770k is right now. It'll just be the MB that might be a bit more. I would imagine the "top-tier" price threshold to be around the same. In regards to the 3770k, it might drop as soon as Haswell is released.