BENQ GL2450HM - is this normal? lag time between turn on/off

whateverjp

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys,

I have this BENQ monitor and I don't know whether its the monitor, or a setting, or even my computer..

If im playing a game and I alt-tab, the screen stays black for like 2 seconds then finally goes back to my desktop.

Same thing when my computer has been inactive, and i come back to it... same thing happens.

or..

If I actually press the on/off button on the monitor.. and theres still a 2-3 second delay before i see my desktop.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
That ALT+TAB problem might be connected to not enough RAM. What is your system specs?

Also, the 2-3 seconds delay when you power on the monitor is normal, I think. Because it happens all the time with any kind of monitor I'm using.

mace200200

Honorable
The alt tabbing thing is caused by not having any free memory. It happens to me when I play some games (I have 4Gbs). Some monitors will take a few seconds to turn on from sleep mode.

mace200200

Honorable

Could still be RAM, people don't realize that the more RAM they have in their computer, the more RAM windows will grab and reserve for itself. I assume its a 1080p monitor? That uses more VRAM, which I think is what your actually running out off. Especially if it's a 1 gig card.