Help me Please, Something is wrong with my Computer while I game!

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hi guys, i need help with my computer, im trying to find out whats slowing down my games. The problem is this: While playing most games, they run rather smooth until i have to load something new for the first time (like a new area or unit model). Once this happens, the game stutters or cuts out for a second. If this happened everyone in a while it wouldnt bother me, but it happens several times a minute and in competitive games like StarCraft are hard to play when u are at a disadvantage.
I switched graphics cards to see if that was the problem but it wasnt, there was still stuttering.
So with my g-card ruled out im at a loss, can u guys tell me what components are likely the culprit and tell me why?
Thanks a million

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
CPU-AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor
MB-Gigabyte Model GA-970A-UD3
RAM-8GB
Graphics-AMD radeon hd 7900 series
Harddrive- Solid state for windows OS and typical 1TB hard drive for everything else

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Ok, ill try the gamebooster, but is there a significant differance between skipping frames or like...slowing down and the game then tries to catch up. I feel as though while i games i get both.

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
its not my graphics card, i almost sire of it, the frames are fine overall, when my system has to render or create new model or areas or whatever, i sometimes get a skip or a slow down or a complete jump. I've never seen anything like it before. For instance while playing Dota 2 it appears to lag for a sec while my connection is actually fine, but in LoL my screen turns WHITE or a half second or so before going back to normal, and in starcraft 2 the first time my game has to load a building(like a spawning pool) the whole game could "pause" for a second before going back to normal, i honestly have no idea whats wrong

xangyi

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Does your motherboard support 8 cores processor ? . i have i7 920 eight core , my mobo sabre tooth x58 supports 6

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#sp

AM3+ motherboard ..has Support for Fx cpu .

(Note 1) Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.

(Note 2) To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first.

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Yes i believe my mobo supports an 8-core.

Note 1: I have a 64-bit OS Windows 8

Note 2: I don't know what you mean by "install" the AMD CPU

xangyi

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
my power supply is 1200W i believe, and my RAM is at 800MHz I believe unless im reading it wrong. Well, the DRAM is 800MHz but the SB freq is 2200MHz. Also, doesn't the 8-core i have a support CPU for the AM3+ socket?

xangyi

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
"Also, doesn't the 8-core i have a support CPU for the AM3+ socket? "
Yes. Just best to follow motherboard instructions.

your motherboard states , if you use DDR3 RAM 1866MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first.
DRAM is 800MHz = this is most probably intergrated.
Turn off your Pc and take DIMM stick out and look on the side , what is the speed ? in MHz. DDR3 (double data rate) If you download CPU - Z that will tell you also , but the pre mentioned is faster.
are your DIMMS even in size? http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-to-know-before-you-upgrade-pc-memory.html

click start - control panel - system and security - action center - check for solutions. here will tell you any problems ,with reports

start - control panel - system and security - action center - performance and tools. Tips on how to free up RAM and memory use.

Dude, the FX series of processors are ALL AM3+.
That board supports 8 physical cores very well.
Your i7 920 is a quad core processor, not 8. It has hyperthreading which is a technology in the CPU that makes it show up as
if it were 8 cores.

CommanderBrood, one of the other members suggested clearing your cache. This is easiest done by installing CCleaner for Piriform and running it. After that try the gaming again.
I am assuming that, with all the attempts you have made at fixing this issue, that the inside of your case and especially your Vid.Card are clean and relatively dust free. If not, that's a good starting point.
You mentioned that your RAM was 800MHz: that doesn't sound right for DDR3, though would be the base speed for dual data rate (DDR) thus the speed would be advertised as 1600. What brand/model.
What brand power supply? I don't think this is a power issue but it could be; not all 850 psu's are ... 850.

xangyi

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

theres an echo in the room.. Good luck after many months Commanderbrood

CommanderBrood

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Couple things, i believe my "8core" is indeed just a quad core with an additional 4 logical core, not a true 8-core cpu. Also, i would like any suggestions if possible. However, at this point i am saddened by my lack of progress and im beginning to wonder if my computer is just broken at a fundamental level and not fixable. It still baffles me how my computer's specs suggest it can run games almost flawlessly yet my computer has at some times extreme difficulty running them.

:(