Sign in with
Your question

How bad does this look?

Last response: in CPUs
May 26, 2013 2:48:31 PM

My computer has been shutting off mid-game (starcraft 2) with no blue screen. Any suggestions?

More about : bad

a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 7:14:03 AM

Bad?

That's VERY good. That's considered the "standard" of gaming last generation, and is still very capable today.

Two things:

- 32 Bit OS? Half of your RAM literally isn't being used. At all. Get that up to 64-bit, please.
- What is your PSU? Cooler?
May 27, 2013 11:28:46 AM

elemein said:
Bad?

That's VERY good. That's considered the "standard" of gaming last generation, and is still very capable today.

Two things:

- 32 Bit OS? Half of your RAM literally isn't being used. At all. Get that up to 64-bit, please.

I just have standard fans, I really want to upgrade the cooling. I have a.... 650 wt PSU think.

I would have to wipe my 32 and reformat with a 64 bit wouldn't I? I do have the 64 laying around.

Since it has been randomly shutting down mid-game with no BSOD, I wanted to make sure it wasn't overheating. I think its the memory, I haven't tested it yet though.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 2:10:09 PM

luckyniji13 said:
elemein said:
Bad?

Two things:

I just have standard fans, I really want to upgrade the cooling. I have a.... 650 wt PSU think.

I would have to wipe my 32 and reformat with a 64 bit wouldn't I? I do have the 64 laying around.

Since it has been randomly shutting down mid-game with no BSOD, I wanted to make sure it wasn't overheating. I think its the memory, I haven't tested it yet though.

Your temps are fine, your PSU should be fine.

You wont need to reformat going from 32 to 64; you'd need to completely reinstall Windows, but since your upgrading Windows, your old files will still intact and some register-less programs, but most programs are redownloadable, so everything should be fine. Actually, a reinstallation of Windows may help solve your problem.

Is this problem with any one specific game or several?
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 8:51:59 PM

How are your LOAD temps? Could be a failing PSU too.
!