Discussion: What's Next for NZXT Phantom Cases?

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Of all the cases on the market today, I personally think NZXT is one of the most innovative companies for computer case design. However, I also factor in the aesthetics as a big part of choosing a computer case. I prefer to have something not too mainstream, something that doesn't look like every other gaming rig I've seen, so I particularly like the NZXT Phantom cases.

The Phantom 630 hits every mark of functionality that I'm looking for, but doesn't quite look as spectacular as the Phantom 820. And while the Phantom 820 looks like something out of this world, it's damn expensive and isn't as well designed as the 630 in terms of functionality. So I'm stuck here waiting for the next Phantom, because I can't really settle for either the 630 or the 820.

What do you think is next from the NZXT lineup? They recently released the H630, which is a silence-oriented case that has the amazing functionality of the Phantom 630, just not as much airflow and good looks. But that shows a progression of functionality from NZXT that are likely to continue in the future. From the original Phantom, they have gradually improved their designs to have things such as removable drive cages and rear I/O panel LEDs. I really hope the next Phantom will be the correct combination of amazing looks and functionality. In my opinion, NZXT got really close to perfect with the Phantom 630.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'd really like to see an mATX version of the Phantom at some point - small form factor PCs are becoming a big deal (as evidenced by the Falcon Northwest Tiki) and case makers like NZXT would be wise to cash in on this at some point.

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Yeah I think NZXT would be able to make a fantastic Mini-ITX case if they tried. There's something about a tremendous amount of power in a small form factor that I find intriguing. But how big is the Mini-ITX market? I don't think Corsair has made a Mini-ITX case, and maybe the market isn't big enough yet, but I have no doubt Mini-ITX cases from NZXT and Corsair are on the way.

g-unit1111

Titan

Corsair just put out an mATX Obsidian 350D: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139020

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
I was thinking of the cube-style cases like the BitFenix Prodigy and Fractal Design Node 304, the ones that are even smaller than microATX cases. I just love how the mini-ITX cases are designed to utilize every bit of space. I'd probably ditch my dual GPU plans and go mini-ITX if I didn't have to change boards and such.