Your question

What is your opinion on this build?

Last response: in Systems
May 27, 2013 9:50:53 PM

I currently want to purchase this build http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Cld PLUS

I also have these items that I already own to use in the build

PSU: Enermax Nanx 450W

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB

Any comments or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows Vista but I don't want to go through the hastle of moving all my files. Should I keep Vista or upgrade OS?

More about : opinion build

May 27, 2013 10:06:47 PM

It will work but I buy a new PSU, that thing is junk and I wouldn't trust it. Unless it were to trust thing the fail and possibly take a few parts with it. And what are you using the computer for? You don't need to upgrade your OS if you don't want to, assuming it's 64bit OS you should be good as you run into some issues if your running 32bit due to ammount of ram your using.
May 28, 2013 11:44:48 AM

I have 64 bit so i guess i could keep vista. I was thought that maybe Vista would affect my performance. Also do you think I should downgrade the CPU? I think its kind of overkill for the stuff I will be doing. I mean if they still had Athlon II X4 for 60$ i would get one of those but i can't find any at that price. Maybe I'll get one of those Pentium G s but its kinda slow. I will look for a cheap Athlon II x4 right now.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2013 3:30:19 PM

No you will have to upgrade your OS or at least reinstall it. When you port an existing HD over to a new build, if you don't install a clean version of Windows, you will see serious system instability because of driver conflicts and things like that. It goes with the territory.
June 5, 2013 10:52:42 AM

g-unit1111 said:
No you will have to upgrade your OS or at least reinstall it. When you port an existing HD over to a new build, if you don't install a clean version of Windows, you will see serious system instability because of driver conflicts and things like that. It goes with the territory.

Thanks so much for your reply. I didn't know that there would be so many driver conflicts like you said, but what drivers exactly? I know how to bypass the blue screen when you first install the HD by changing the driver to the one supported by the new mobo but there is even more driver problems eh? Is it possible to remove all of the drivers and put new ones according to my new hardware so there wouldn't be driver conflicts?
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
June 5, 2013 11:00:46 AM

cba182 said:
g-unit1111 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. I didn't know that there would be so many driver conflicts like you said, but what drivers exactly? I know how to bypass the blue screen when you first install the HD by changing the driver to the one supported by the new mobo but there is even more driver problems eh? Is it possible to remove all of the drivers and put new ones according to my new hardware so there wouldn't be driver conflicts?

It's just easier to do a quick format and reinstall of your drive. There's too many conflicts to name - GPU drivers, motherboard chipset drivers, USB drivers, audio drivers, the list goes on and on. Be sure to backup your data first.
June 18, 2013 3:27:38 PM

g-unit1111 said:
cba182 said:
g-unit1111 said:

It's just easier to do a quick format and reinstall of your drive. There's too many conflicts to name - GPU drivers, motherboard chipset drivers, USB drivers, audio drivers, the list goes on and on. Be sure to backup your data first.

can't i just reinstall all the drivers so there will be no conflicts or is that not possible?
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2013 3:40:58 PM

cba182 said:

can't i just reinstall all the drivers so there will be no conflicts or is that not possible?

Not possible. You can reduce the number of driver conflicts but you can't completely eliminate them without doing a full reformat. Unless you want to go through the Windows registry line by line and start taking the drivers out that way, but that has the potential to screw up your OS even more and take several hundred hours to do so. :lol: 
!