Would my system need more cooling for a GTX SC 680?

If I were to get an EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature Edition, would I need to add more fans or get a better cooler for this build? The case I have has 4 fans included and has the option to add 3 more…

System specs:
CPU: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz
Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
MoBo: Asus p8z77-v lk
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHz
HDD: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB SATA III
SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB SATA III
PSU: Corsair GS700 ATX12V 700W
Optical: Liteon iHAS324 24X DVD-RW
Case: NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower
4 answers Last reply
More about system cooling gtx 680
  1. What're your current temps like? Atmospheric temps do matter. Though a 680 SC doesn't add too much more heat alone (in SLI is when things get hairy)
  2. elemein said:
    What're your current temps like? Atmospheric temps do matter. Though a 680 SC doesn't add too much more heat alone (in SLI is when things get hairy)

I'm not sure, I haven't built it yet :)...I'm very new to pc building so I don't know too much...I just wanted to make sure I can buy this card and not have to get a better cooler...I can handle buying a few more fans if I have to...do you think I could get away with that?
  3. MoldyMeatwad said:
    elemein said:
    What're your current temps like? Atmospheric temps do matter. Though a 680 SC doesn't add too much more heat alone (in SLI is when things get hairy)

I'm not sure, I haven't built it yet :)...I'm very new to pc building so I don't know too much...I just wanted to make sure I can buy this card and not have to get a better cooler...I can handle buying a few more fans if I have to...do you think I could get away with that?

No youll be good with what you have now most likely. A normal 680 and 3570K is totally good to go on stock coolers in even an open environment, so with your good case and CPU cooler to keep that a non issue, your 680 SC should have fine temps.

Of course, if you arent satisfied even after you build it, you can always buy more fans afte the fact.
  4. Alright, thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Cooling CPUs